Main Menu

50% off @ webstore for current subscribers due to recent distribution gaffe

Started by Tomwe, 16 May, 2019, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

As seen on FB:
A few weeks ago, copies of 2000 AD Prog 2128 did not reach subscribers in good time. Worse than that, some copies arrived well after Prog 2129 landed on their doormats or even not at all. While it would be easy to blame this on Thrill-Suckers or the scheming Dictators of Zrag, it was actually due to a huge error made in our distribution chain. This was completely unacceptable and we apologise to subscribers on our contractor's, and Rebellion's, behalf.
To make it up, we are giving 50% off an order from our webshop to 2000 AD print subscribers who should have received Prog 2128!
The 50% off discount voucher can be redeemed against a single basket of products on the 2000 AD webshop. In order to redeem the voucher, 2000 AD print subscribers simply log into your online account with the email address associated with your subscription, add the products you wish to purchase to your basket, and proceed to the checkout. Once you get to the "Review Order" screen, under "Discount Available" you should see your "50% ONE-OFF SUBSCRIBER DISCOUNT" voucher already applied to the items in your basket, ready for you to proceed to payment. You may also save the voucher for a later order, by simply selecting the 'No voucher' option.
(Terms and conditions apply: voucher offer applies only to 2000 AD print subscribers whose subscriptions were active week beginning 22nd April 2019. Subscriptions, limited edition items or t-shirts are excluded from the voucher offer. The voucher discount will not stack with other offers. The voucher is valid until 01/01/2021, and can only be used once.)

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

Good grief. That is quite the gesture. Rebellion is the anti-Hachette.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 May, 2019, 02:51:59 PM
Good grief. That is quite the gesture. Rebellion is the anti-Hachette.

Yes, that's quite an ASTONISHINGLY generous gesture for something that I'd blamed entirely on the four day Bank Holiday weekend.

I got Invasion: 1984, The Dracula Files and the Future Shock phone book.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Richard

IndigoPrime

Also, be aware of something:

QuoteThe voucher is valid until 01/01/2021

wedgeski

Wow. That's very generous, and just when I need to order Brink Vol 3. :)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 May, 2019, 04:58:22 PM
Also, be aware of something:

QuoteThe voucher is valid until 01/01/2021

Too late for me now, but yes, there might have been some other tasty hardback in our future that would have fitted the bill as well.

Tjm86

You can't fault Rebellion on this one.  Fair dues to them.  That date is incredibly generous as well and as Indigo quite rightly points out, some of the stuff in the pipeline will no doubt make for a tempting morsel.  Looks like it may well have been down to the distributors then rather than the posties if Rebellion are responding this way.

Tjm86

.... and just seen the tweet about this.  Yup, distributors it was.

Colin YNWA

Wow stuff happens and I'd already forgotten about the delay. So this is a very generous offer...

... now the glorious choice, to stick or twist, go now or see what comes down the track.

Thanks Tharg.

IndigoPrime

This is the thing with Rebellion: they take ownership of things. If only other publishers were the same. (And I'm not just talking about Hachette here...)

broodblik

Is this applicable to our digital subscribers my ISP routing was little bit stuff took me 5 minutes to download my prog ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Grumpy Andrew

What a wonderful gesture to come home to! I've ordered those two volumes of the Daily Dredds that I've been eyeing for ages. I'm a happy Squaxx!

Buttonman

Many thanks TMO and to Tomwe for the heads up. Seems a disproportionately generous offer for a minor inconvenience.

Still I'll take it! Invasion 1984! and Mazeworld for £21 post paid - thanks very much!