Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Thanks everyone.  It means a lot, both the posts here and the PMs. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Hi Mike.

Sorry to hear about that.

Try googling Cancer/vitamin B17 and look into it.

Also positivity and getting the right nutrition can help as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

That's terrible Mike- all my best to your mum and hope the whole family gets through okay. I guess we've all of us had encounters with cancer in one form or another, and it's never, ever, anything other than deeply frightening. Thoughts are with you, as if it needed saying.

Steev

Mike Gloady

Thanks guys.  It's one of those things that, if you live long enough, is going to happen but happily these days it doesn't have to be the death-sentence it was in my grandmother's day. 

All support very welcome indeed.  Very much appreciated.  On the upside my mum insisted upon wearing her blue and white striped hoody today because she "felt like a sailor".  So life is sometimes drokking fantastic AND spugging heavily both at once.

Roger Godpleton

Big Momma's House 3. Yeah, it's happening.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

flip-r mk2

Thoughts and feelings to you and your Mum , my Mum went through breast cancer last year doing alright now touch wood.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Trout

Best wishes to you and your mum, Mike. I'm helping to organise a fund-raising event for a cancer charity this weekend (it's a beer festival, happily) and I'll spare a thought for you and yours as an example of why it's worthwhile.

No, I'm not able to get drunk at it. I'm behind the bar.

- Trout

TordelBack

QuoteNo, I'm not able to get drunk at it. I'm behind the bar.

But dude!  That's where the beer is!

Trout

We have 25 barrels of beer (plus one more beer in bottles, which a brewery donated) and three barrels of cider. Yes, that's a total of 30 to try. Must... resist... drinking... it... all...

SmallBlueThing

Okay- deep breath. Bear with me, this is difficult. My wife has just shown me a message she received, on Facebook, from someone both of us "unfriended" a month or so ago. This person had distressing links to a third party, whom neither my wife nor I wanted to have any connection to our lives, however tangential.

When this person was "unfriended", my wife sent them a very polite message explaining why- and that it was nothing personal to them specifically, just that in the circumstances it was the only thing we could do.

I'm going to now post BITS of the message here for you to read. I've deleted names, obviously. The complete message is saved on my wife's profile and a copy on our desktop, in case we need to seek further advice.

"My sister was in a very controlling marrage, you seem to exhibit the same manerisims, plus from what i have heard about (my name) (or "[my wife's name]'s boyfriend") causing trouble at various gigs you've performed at and his general reputation as violent, unstable, delusional and generely unplesant...

Obviously I don't know you that well but I just get a bad feeling, you seem a nice girl and a lot of people say very good things about you... everyone seems to say the same thing about your husband to the point where I am actually scared of him.
I am sure you know you've lost gigs because of him and others refuse to work with you because they don't want him turning up and attacking the audience etc."

Phew.

Now, quite patently, that is ALL a bunch of old bollocks. To me it's at the very least libellous (which is why I'm saving it up)- what does the Hive Mind think? The scary thing is that the person who wrote that friended me on Facebook- because they are a regular here, on the 2000AD forum and recognised my (then) avatar when searching.

I don't need to defend myself- but once again: the description of me this person paints is absolutely untrue.

Anyone who wants to know the name of this person, PM me- and watch your Friend Requests.

Steev

TordelBack

It's not very nice around here at the moment, is it?   

Kerrin

What the hell? That's bloody awful Spooky. What on earth is going on round here at the moment?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 04 September, 2009, 09:53:53 PM
What on earth is going on round here at the moment?

Fucking Forum Cancer.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Is this how it ends? One rainy afternoon in late Summer.