Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 02 June, 2015, 10:44:53 PM
I'm loving these and a full collection going to be incredible.Reading through The heavy mob last night I was shocked at Clint langleys art for holocaust squad and that Robbie Morrison the creator of Nikolai Dante and writer of the incredible Enceladus was responsible for Brit-brute.its definitely the weakest book so far but one from ten is an incredible hit rate.Most looking forward to OZ and Judgement day.... Yes that's judgement day I loved it.

To find out some of the reason why Holocaust was not Clint's best work you will need to listen to the upcoming Inky Fingers interview with Clint Langley - starting next month ;)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 June, 2015, 03:04:20 PM
The next four books will be....

10. 'Shimura'
11. 'Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction'
12. 'Democracy Now!'
13. 'Hondo-City Justice'

I'd have thought that the 2nd DoC book would have been out sooner, but a 7 week wait - at the earliest, for folks to see the conclusion?

Looking forward to the Democracy Now! Book, though.

robert_ellis

I wonder if the cover images shown are final? Seems odd not to use Frank Quitely on Hondo. I much prefer the covers with a stylised main image. I'm guessing some colour art really doesn't lend itself to this treatment. A strong line-up of books - this series is looking good!

Albion

Quote from: Spikes on 03 June, 2015, 04:27:08 PM
I'd have thought that the 2nd DoC book would have been out sooner, but a 7 week wait - at the earliest, for folks to see the conclusion?

They did the same with the two part Marvel books. There was a long wait between them.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Skullmo

Quote from: Spikes on 03 June, 2015, 04:27:08 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 June, 2015, 03:04:20 PM
The next four books will be....

10. 'Shimura'
11. 'Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction'
12. 'Democracy Now!'
13. 'Hondo-City Justice'

I'm sure you will survive - I can tell you what happens if you like?  :P

Timothy

It'll be more than 7 weeks. Apparently Endgame will be issue 18!!

Spikes

Yes, I was just going to post that - saw it stated over on the Mega Collection Facebook page.
Dang, that's some wait..

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 03 June, 2015, 07:52:33 PMI can tell you what happens if you like?  :P

Some one has already spoiled it for me,  :(

So, the very last page is drawn by Carlos, and it shows Dredd throwing his helmet off in disgust, revealing his face for the very first time, as he screams "Damn you, Kazan stand-in! Damn you to hell!"

With 'To be continued in... DARK JUSTICE!' at the very bottom.

moldovangerbil

Anyone else on here a premium subscriber to this?  I've just noticed that my account has been updated and the first premium poster will be sent with my next delivery.  Unfortunately, it looks like they're expecting to charge me 5 quid for it, which makes no sense as the premium subscription is already £1 more per issue to pay for this.  Anyone else noticed this?

Skullmo

Quote from: Spikes on 03 June, 2015, 11:16:48 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 03 June, 2015, 07:52:33 PMI can tell you what happens if you like?  :P

Some one has already spoiled it for me,  :(

So, the very last page is drawn by Carlos, and it shows Dredd throwing his helmet off in disgust, revealing his face for the very first time, as he screams "Damn you, Kazan stand-in! Damn you to hell!"

With 'To be continued in... DARK JUSTICE!' at the very bottom.

Spoilers man! Spoilers!!

Anzati

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 04 June, 2015, 09:20:57 AM
Anyone else on here a premium subscriber to this?  I've just noticed that my account has been updated and the first premium poster will be sent with my next delivery.  Unfortunately, it looks like they're expecting to charge me 5 quid for it, which makes no sense as the premium subscription is already £1 more per issue to pay for this.  Anyone else noticed this?

What issue number did you start your subscription at? I believe that if you didn't start from issue 1 you have to pay the extra £1 for each issue that you hadn't bought through the subscription...I'm sure that's what it says in the smallprint...

Edit: From the terms and conditions on the megacollection site:

Premium subscriptions:
•There are 6 limited edition prints to collect. Each print is 10" x 8" in size and comes with a mount.
•If you opt for a premium subscription, you will receive your first limited edition print with issue 10, after which you will receive a print every 14 issues.
If you start your premium subscription in the middle of a run of 14 issues, you can receive the print for this run by making up the difference in price of those issues for which you only paid a standard subscription amount.
•Standard subscriptions can be cancelled at any time.
•A premium subscription can be cancelled at any time and you will receive a refund of £1 per issue (for issues which you have paid for) past the issue which was dispatched with the last premium subscription gift.
•For full terms and conditions click here.

moldovangerbil

I started with issue 1 although they didn't actually sort out my premium subscription until issue 6, so what you say makes sense.  I must have missed that bit in the smallprint!

Anzati

On the up side, if you ever cancel your premium subscription then you get a refund of £1 per issue since the last print was dispatched...I wonder how that will work when they ineveitbly extend ther series to 120 issues, more prints or the premium £1 stops...

moldovangerbil

Mind you I got the first 4 issues for free (as I signed up during the trial run) so really they should only be charging me £1 not £5.  Can I be bothered to wrestle with their frankly terrible customer services department to point that out?  I think I might just save myself the aggro and suck it up.

IndigoPrime

I've found their Facebook lot very good. Mind you, weren't the costs of the trial run the same as the new ones? If so, you under the terms would effectively 'owe' the same amount anyway, right?