Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Been out the game for a while now but The Mighty Yeowell's recent run in Sinister Dexter pulled me back, it was an absolute masterclass... here's the first of three I bought of him.

and some thoughts I added over at Comic Art Fans

QuoteNot buying much these days but Steve Yeowell's recent run on Sinister Dexter has pulled me back into the game.

Its this page that started it all (though I ended up getting three!). Its so kinetic and really captures the small changes The Mighty Yeowell has made in his art to raise it even beyond what it was. This page is just so dramatic and the energy in the situation just leaps off the page. As ever in the flesh there's so much that doesn't come off in the photo - oh and Steve includes a page of pencils as well as the final inks with each purchase. Seriously if you are looking for great value in beautiful art there is no one quite like Steve Yeowell. An absolute 2000ad master!

IAMTHESYSTEM

That page is Ace the Mighty Yeowell shows his guns [pun intended]. He makes it look seemingly effortless as well!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

It really is a heck of a page- the panel of Mr TheDevil firing is just astounding.

Colin YNWA

He really is a talent isn't he. And here's number to and I got this one cos its just such FUN!

Dr Feeley Good

This brilliant page of Henry Flint artwork from Day Of Chaos arrived today..thanks a lot Wiggz for sorting it for me.... :D

Link Prime

Lovely Flint there.

Haldane was quite memorable for some reason, despite his all too brief appearance.

Wiggz

You're more than welcome - Glad I could help.  =)

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 June, 2018, 07:45:12 PM
Lovely Flint there.

Haldane was quite memorable for some reason, despite his all too brief appearance.
Yes I really like Haldane, and Judge Wile as well..

Colin YNWA

Last of my Mighty Yeowell goodness here. This is such a gloriously brutal page. Just look at the middle panel bottom row. The reflection of the good almost a pleading eye begging for mercy, before the final panel's cool hard response. Now that's storytelling ... would love to know if that was scripted... I should have asked Mr Steve.

monkeygod

Tracked down PJ Holden at Dublin Comic Con and was tempted by several of the Dredd pages he had in his folder, but eventually settled on this cracking Rogue Trooper page - only discovered the pencils on the back when he was packaging it up for me at the end of the day! Bonus!

Spikes

Some sweet pages there, guys.  :thumbsup:

Grud, I've not bought owt original art-related in ages....  getting withdrawal symptoms now seeing this thread again....

ming

I guess this is more at home here than in the 'non-2000AD artwork' thread...  Anyway, this is a treat for the eyes and brainbox; glorious painted McCarthy Rogan Gosh art with possibly the longest sound effect in all Comicdom.  (The acetate with all the text is present and correct but I can put up a pic of that later.)

Greg M.

Blimey! Saw that and immediately tried to press a 'like' button that the forum doesn't have.

Geoff

ming

Thanks, folks - it's possibly the most beautiful piece of art I have, from a story quite unlike anything before or since.