Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD TAKES ON THE US!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 31 March, 2010, 05:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Yep—that's just a placeholder. Either way, I like the design of the mono UK editions. Not so keen on the format now the pics are in colour, but they're still pretty good.

The Adventurer

Quote from: radiator on 04 August, 2010, 12:17:48 PM
As much as I love the Case Files design, does any one else feel a teensy bit jealous when they see the US versions?

Nope, UK tradedress is superior IMO. I do hope the cover changes a bit for the actual release.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Grant Goggans

It makes sense to me as far as a line-wide, consistent trade dress.  It's not as imaginative or striking as the British editions, but there's certainly nothing like these from domestic publishers.

radiator

I like the UK Case Files too, but I'm just imagining what a full run of the US ones would look like - all different headshots by Bolland, Dillon, Smith, Ezquerra, Kennedy....

Woolly

Although i prefer the British covers, those US ones will certainly stand out in a crowd!
Great stuff.

Judge Olde

Quote from: Woolly on 04 August, 2010, 08:25:28 PM
Although i prefer the British covers, those US ones will certainly stand out in a crowd!
Great stuff.

I concur

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 04 August, 2010, 10:22:22 AM
probably up somwehere here, but just in case-

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27617

US 2000AD related books.

Very interesting, and glad to see 2000AD getting such a big push in the States. One odd thing about these 2000AD in America articles is they never mention the Judge Dredd Megazine's existence. I get that monthly through Diamond, and I hope they continue to carry that title even after they introduce these US remix things.

I've picked up some of the new graphic novels too, like Death Lives, very high quality stuff.  :thumbsup:

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 02 July, 2010, 09:25:12 PM
Hate to say it, but neither Borders nor B&N have these in stores - they're online only.  B&N was willing to order a copy with no obligation to buy, so I'll see it next week and tell you what I think.
That's changed for the better sense I'm seeing DREDD in Books A Million & B&N. :thumbsup: