Main Menu

Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Charlie boy on 04 February, 2015, 05:23:10 PM
Sad to find myself disappointed. Seeing the suit in stills had me thinking the first series would be inspired by the Miller/Romita Jr Man Without Fear run (but then again it reminded a mate of Trial of the Incredible Hulk). That trailer just brought the 2004 film to mind a fair bit.

I still think it might be just that. It has the air of an origin of sorts. Hope they are patient, let it be good, let it build and then maybe do 'Born Again' in a triumphant 4th season...

...mind or I could just not worry about it and read the comics again...

Goaty

But what exciting is Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin! Great actor!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Charlie boy on 04 February, 2015, 05:23:10 PM
That trailer just brought the 2004 film to mind a fair bit.

Apart from the playground dance-off and ropey nu-metal Daredevil - director's cut - is perfectly fine and faithful. It offers more than Man of Steel ever could.

Tiplodocus

For some reason, I had it in my head that Vincent D'Onforio had died.  But a quick google reminds me that Private Pyle was also in Men In Black.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 05 February, 2015, 12:28:38 PM
For some reason, I had it in my head that Vincent D'Onforio had died.  But a quick google reminds me that Private Pyle was also in Men In Black.

Watching Full Metal Jacket, as I'm reading that comment!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Goaty

Holy smoke, that does looks good! They did good casting so far.

Full Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTs8nQuR9M

wedgeski

That looks splendid. Sounds exactly like Ben Affleck in the opening VO!

TordelBack

Normally I whinge about these types of things being too grim'n'gritty, but this looks perfect.

Greg M.

I am not convinced by Foggy's hair, but it's cool to see Stick.

Mardroid

Costume aside, i like that. Most elements seem to be present.

Shame the suit isn't one of them, although he might change it later, I guess.

The basic 'rag around the head' look is suitably creepy but it's just not Daredevil.

radiator

I'd bet money that he'll get the proper costume later on, perhaps even in a later season.

Looks really good, though. I'll definitely be watching.

Colin YNWA

This has probably come five years too late for me. I was so excited when the Johnson movie was annouced. Possibly my favourite character (then) big movie colour me chuffed. It was pretty poor and possibly the start (the very start) of me realising that there's little point getting excited about adaptions of comics as I have the comics and they will always be better as they won't involve compromise and live action doesn't by default make a story more valid. I'm more than happy to stick (no pun intended) to the comic stories as they were intended...

... all that said I've watched this with a quiet mild interest and unlike The Flash (who overtook DD as my favourite character in the intervening years) which for some reason hasn't caught my imagination.

The trouble DD tends to be earnst and grim and push that too far and it just seems a bit silly on telly. Works a treat in comics, but telly it will look like its trying too hard. Some of the dialogue there kinda confirmed that...

...I'm not a big fan of Man without Fear which the early costume (I agree this will surely change by series end?) seems to suggets this draws off...

... yet, yet... I can't help but be intrigued.

I wish it well but I'm going to re-read my Nocenti comics and try not to get distracted...

...maybe...

Goaty

Daredevil's motion poster. there lots of Easter Eggs in it, even Stark Tower!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzGfeqWp_M

But check out Murdock's puddle reflection...  ;)

radiator

Early reviews starting to appear for the first few episodes of Daredevil.

Apparently it's ace.

Charlie boy

I do have a little more hope following the extended trailer for DD. I like how the dialogue taking place between him and Fisk seems to be taking place without them being near one another. With luck (as far as I'm concerned) Daredevil won't be aware of Fisk's involvement in crime until the last scene in series one or something. I'd like them to build up to the whole reveal and then build up to actual confrontations between the two instead of rushing in for Daredevil finds out who he is and goes beats him up right away.