Main Menu

Ages of characters

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 12 March, 2008, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Right, we all know Dredd is roughly 70 but it's hard to tell, and Anderson's about 50, but what about other characters?
Slaine must be pushing 40, what with his son being a grown man.
Johnny Alpha, according to a Colin McNeill star-scan, died when he was 30. But he always looks about 35. I suppose that's what growing up fighting in a rad-scorched wilderness will do to you.
I think John Smith said Revere was about 15, which was a bit dodgy given that we saw him having very graphic sex with his girlfriend.
I'd put Dante at about 33-35 now, while Sinister and Dexter probably about late 30s. They were 28 when the flashback story about their first meeting occurred.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Leigh S

Alpha was born in 2150 and we first see him in 2180 as a 29/30 year old.

He meets Wulf in 2170 and Wulf dies 15 years later in 2185.  The Final solution is set 2 years after Wulfs death, but says its set in 2180 IIRC - another reason why FS didnt really happen! :)

,Mr. Nice

Dante's universe is currently in 2673 (although this could well be bumped to 2674 with his next story), the first story was 2666. The approx one year our time=one year his time link was broken post Tsar Wars when he stopped appearing in almost half the progs year in year out.
Have they pegged any of his childhood flashbacks to a specific year?
Anyway, personally I'd put Dante at about 30 now, making him 23 when it all started out.
Some what similarly, the paucity of SinDex's appearences in the last 6 years or so means I don't see any particluarly reason to push them beyond early 30's.

ThryllSeekyr

I thought Alpha would have been in early to mid twenties when he started in the comics. Though I was just guessing.

Slaine's abit more complicated tricky. I think he's a semi-imortal who no longer ages.

Proabaky a by prodcut of being warped or his strong ties withthe Earth Goodess. Then again that is perhaps completely wrong as it sounds unatural and such.

,Mr. Nice

Well what with his tavelling through time then reincarnated back his original time period, his physical age could be reset without claiming that he no longer ages.

Mardroid

Anderson't 50? Judging by the last story I saw her in, she looks very good for 50 doesn't she?

Or would that be the 22nd century rejuvenation treatment? Do all judges get that?

DavidXBrunt

She was essentially in suspended animation for at least a portion of her life. What effects do Boing (c) have on the body?

Her reaching middle age was adressed in at least one Rasom drawn story recently.

Trout

There was also an Anderson story where it was said Psis age more rapidly than other people.

I suspect it's an element that's been quietly dropped, like so many others.

- Trout

JOE SOAP

I'd say Ace Garp was mid thirties.

Eric Plumrose

A grave stone stated Anderson was born in 2080.

And I'd argue that John 'Giant' Clay was 76 years old when he died.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

JayzusB.Christ

I think i remember Alan Grant saying that other judges get anti-aging drugs but psis aren't allowed them. I doubt John Wagner would agree but there you go.

Anyway, i just remembered that Slaine knocked Niamh up when he was only about 15 or 16 so he could still be relatively young despite having an adult son. then again, i'd imagine life-expectancy wasn't the mae west back in his day
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cthulouis

I think I read somewhere that the people of Danu are sometimes viewed as a sort of mythological race of god like beings said to have been in Ireland before humans got there.

That might give Slaine a bit of immortality.

And do we actually know how he came back to life before the secret commonwealth. I mean, I know there was that story where he walks out of the underworld, but that doesn't really explain anything...

JOE SOAP

***I think i remember Alan Grant saying that other judges get anti-aging drugs but psis aren't allowed them. I doubt John Wagner would agree but there you go. ***

What, you mean Judges get Stookie?

JudgePrager

Anderson is my own personal bugbear - given that she was already PSI Div's best operator when she was introduced (27 years ago or thereabouts IIRC) she HAS to be at least 50. Boing can't really be sus-an since in all but that story people have been completely conscious while inside it. I assume she put herself in some kind of psychic coma/hibernation but even if we allow for that it still takes only three years off her age. Yet still she is consistently portrayed as being a sprightly thirty (and always, always right, but that's a different complaint entirely). Yet we've been getting stories about Dredd ageing for a good 15 years.

Rio De Fideldo

She did have a kind of midlife crisis though didn't she when she went off into space to find herself and she got that horrible ying ying belt buckle.

Nasty.