Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

oh no i'm getting both cabs is worth the double dip

Magnetica

Quote from: GordonR on 24 September, 2018, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 24 September, 2018, 09:20:12 PM
'The Complete Caballistics Inc.' is listed on Amazon as released on 21st February 2019. Torn between buying this or the two 2000ad Ultimate Collection hardcovers?? Can't make up my mind which is the better buy.

Wait for the Complete edition.  Because it might be.....complete?

So does that mean the Hatchette books won't be complete?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 26 September, 2018, 11:39:28 AM
Quote from: GordonR on 24 September, 2018, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 24 September, 2018, 09:20:12 PM
'The Complete Caballistics Inc.' is listed on Amazon as released on 21st February 2019. Torn between buying this or the two 2000ad Ultimate Collection hardcovers?? Can't make up my mind which is the better buy.

Wait for the Complete edition.  Because it might be.....complete?
So does that mean the Hatchette books won't be complete?

Not only Complete, but they'll include the first Absalom story, too, which may help to somewhat smooth out the abrupt ending of Cabs (by seguing neatly into Absalom).
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Brink: Book 3 - Paperback, 112 pages, 14th May 2019

Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic space-noir from duo Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard.

OVER THE BRINK
Inspector Bridget Curtis is drawn deeper into a disturbing plot that runs from the drug-fuelled sects of the Habitats, to the upper echelons of Junot Corp. Strange things are happening, but is the conspiracy real, or is life in space beginning to affect her sanity? The reality of sinister Space Gods aside, the fate of the human race may be at stake!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Chopper: Wandering Spirit - Paperback, 96 pages, 11th June 2019

The return of fan-favourite skysurfing delinquent in an original story by comic superstars!

SURFING THE DREAMTIME
The Oz Radback, 2140 AD. Legendary Mega-city skysurfer Marlon Shakespeare has retired to Oz, where he has been living a trouble-free life. But when he goes in pursuit of the mutants that kidnapped his friend Wally during a radstorm, the ageing skysurfer gets far more trouble than he bargained for!

This book collects the latest adventure of Mega-City One's greatest skysurfer as well as several Judge Dredd stories also featuring the vibrant psychedelic art of Brendan McCarthy.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Complete Future Shocks Vol. 2 - Paperback, 272 pages, 6th August 2019

Tharg's Future Shocks are one-off, twist ending, sci-fi thrills that have introduced many of the biggest names in the comic book industry through the pages of 2000 AD.

80s THRILLPOWER OVERDOSE!
The complete collection of mind-bending one-off sci-fi stories from The Galaxy's Greatest Comic continues into the 1980s with the second volume of Tharg's Futureshocks! Featuring early work by creators that went on to engrave their names into comics history, including Alan Moore, Brett Ewins, Colin Wilson, Dave Gibbons and Mick McMahon.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Counterfeit Girl - Paperback, 64 pages, 25th June 2019

A dystopian cyberpunk thriller of identity theft, sentient diseases and fake news, from comics' best-dressed rebels, Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo!

FAKE NEWS
In a city ruled by the multinational corporations, identity is crucial -- no one can get anywhere without being monitored, logged, and status-checked. Fortunately for some, if a new I.D. is needed, there are 'simmers' -- backstreet I.D. thieves that can create new personas by stealing the identities of others. Libra Kelly is a simmer with an axe to grind, doing jobs that cause trouble for the corporations free of charge, but soon finds herself stuck with a terminally diseased I.D. and a price on her head...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Ghost Town (2000 Ad Digest) - Paperback, 144 pages, 23rd July 2019

A CLASSIC MODERN JUDGE DREDD STORY PRESENTED IN THE LOW-PRICED DIGEST FORMAT

RESTORING ORDER!
Mega-City One, 2135 AD. After the destruction wrought by the Chaos Bug with most of the city in ruins, a decimated Justice Department is struggling to cope. With disease, corruption, and looting rife, there are some that seek to take advantage of the city's condition, including dangerous psychic, Algol Rey. Judge Dredd and Psi-Judge Anderson have survived, but after all the violence and horror, can they bring order back to a damaged city? Their limits as Judges are put to the test!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

CalHab

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 October, 2018, 03:13:18 AM
Brink: Book 3 - Paperback, 112 pages, 14th May 2019

Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic space-noir from duo Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard.

OVER THE BRINK
Inspector Bridget Curtis is drawn deeper into a disturbing plot that runs from the drug-fuelled sects of the Habitats, to the upper echelons of Junot Corp. Strange things are happening, but is the conspiracy real, or is life in space beginning to affect her sanity? The reality of sinister Space Gods aside, the fate of the human race may be at stake!

Conclusion? No!!!!!!!!

TordelBack

Quote from: CalHab on 12 October, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
Conclusion? No!!!!!!!!

Goddammit. Please let this be a typo. I've seldom enjoyed any strip as much as I enjoy Brink.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 October, 2018, 07:06:10 AM
Quote from: CalHab on 12 October, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
Conclusion? No!!!!!!!!

Goddammit. Please let this be a typo. I've seldom enjoyed any strip as much as I enjoy Brink.

Oh no missed that. Well at least if that's right it will be a nice contained story with a beginning middle and end but damn it feels like it has so much to offer and explore and I could happily read a long with them as long as they wanted.

Also does the fact that Counterfeit Girl has a trade mean we're not getting any more of that as well. Shame as I felt that strip had other places to go and would loved to of had it back.

I, Cosh

Dudes! Do none of you read the informative articles and interviews Molcher spends his thankless days compiling?!

Quote from: Dan AbnettYes, it's pretty much a trilogy. Book 3 "High Society" debuts soon. But the world is so rich, we've found we have strong ideas for at least three more volumes after that. We'll see how the audience reacts. It all builds into one, big ghastly picture, whichever characters are ultimately around to witness that. We'd love to continue exploring the Brink.
We never really die.

TordelBack

I burn everything that History's Greatest Monsterâ„¢ writes before I can read it, it's the only way to remain a True Fan.

Phew,  that's a relief though. If Tharg, Dan or Ian are listening,  I Want Moah.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 October, 2018, 10:08:09 AM
I burn everything that History's Greatest Monsterâ„¢ writes before I can read it

You should probably nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CalHab

I feel like l'm missing something here.

In any case, I'm glad to hear that there is more Brink planned.