Main Menu

New Rebellion collections - info & images galore...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 18 August, 2005, 03:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Running Clam

The Complete Case Files looks great.I kind of wouldn't mind if it was larger then the rest of the trades,so that the stories didn't need to be resized.

Are they going to release anymore of the early Slaine or skip it and now release just The Books Of Invasions?

ukdane

I think the Books of Invasion are going to be published "Rebellion-style" ie as Hardback books, for the European market. Once they've been published, they'll probably go back to the original books.
I can't help but think that by the time they then get up to "re-publishing" BoI that they'll do it all in one bumber soft-back edition.... we can hope!
Cheers

-Daney

Dark Jimbo

Assuming that every Dredd case files is going to contain about the same number of stories, that would mean that volume 2 will collect the entire cursed earth and judge cal sagas? In ONE volume? For little more than the normal price of one such mega-epic?

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!!
@jamesfeistdraws

paulvonscott

All the Dredd books look very good, but I'm particularly keen on the Case Files.

I wasn't that keen on the Death story, it was good, and the art was nice, but the best bit was still the Book Mine.

Look forward to getting all the rogue books too.

Something Fishy

case files look excellent.  think i shall we going for that.

is this the first of a series?

Artificial Idiot

Yep. There's going to be one every two months!

Something Fishy

Steve Green

Regarding the Case Files, are they going to included the epics or just the parts between?

If it's everything, it would be a shame that Cursed Earth wouldn't appear uncut because of the Burger Wars/Giants aren't Gentlemen segments.

Any idea if Rebellion have considered approaching the parties again to see if they would allow them to be published, or is it best thought to let sleeping dogs (and lawyers) lie?

Cheers,

Steve

The Amstor Computer

The Case Files will be reprinting the epics, AFAIK - hence the cancellation of the standalone reprint of "Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth".

It seems that there will be around 60 episodes per volume, so volume two will collect:

The Cursed Earth
Crime and Punishment
Judge Dredd Outlaw
Bring Me the Head of Judge Dredd
The Day the Law Died
Punks Rule
The Exo-Men
The DNA Man
Vienna
City Block
A Tale From Walter's Scwapbook
The Forever Crimes

The backbone of the third volume will likely be "The Judge Child", ending on "Block War".

A fourth volume will probably run slightly shorter, stopping at "The Hotdog Run", and be made up of shorter stories because volume five would be collecting the Apocalypse War epic. I'd guess volume five would end on "The Last Invader", providing some closure to the war and its aftermath.

Volume six would probably be another collection of short tales, and seven would likely be built around "City of the Damned".

Lots of fun (well, for me anyway!) to try and work out what would be in what book... :-)

The Amstor Computer

Oh, and no idea if Rebellion have contacted any of the parties mentioned in the Cursed Earth banned episodes, but it would be a bonus if they could wangle reprints. I think enough time has passed now, and with an appropriate disclaimer/intro it may be a possibility.

Funt Solo

Selfishly, I hope they don't reprint those episodes.

It'll devalue my progs.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Steve Green

Cheers,

it would be nice if some of the early specials/annuals Dredd stories were included as well (The Whitey story with the twin towers for example) I don't think that was in the prog originally?

Thanks,

Steve

The Amstor Computer

It would be fantastic, but I don't think it's planned. Perhaps if the line proves successful Rebellion will consider releasing companion volumes collecting the stories from the various annuals & specials?

Artificial Idiot

Maybe a line collecting Megazine Dredd stories...?

Hey, one can hope...

DavidXBrunt

Oh yeah, eventually that's something I'd really like. The crossovers cause potential problems mind, so perhaps when they get to the appropriate point they could just publish books like the recent Batman Chronicles that publishes stories as they appeared chronologically regardless of what publication they appeared in?