Main Menu

WIN A WRITING GIG AT 2000AD WITH BICS 2008!!

Started by shanechebsey, 26 June, 2008, 07:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanechebsey

(I tried to post this on the events thread but wasn't even able to reply to a BICS thread already started on there for some reason).

This year at the Birmingham International Comics Show budding writers will be given the chance to enter the BICS GOT TALENT writing contest.

Entrants will be able to pitch an idea for a Tharg's Future Shock to a star line up of professional Judges and the final three will face an audience vote to decide which story will be illustrated by a top 2000ad artist and published in a forthcoming issue of the legendary magazine.

The final winner will receive full payment for their story as first prize, and the runners up will receive exclusive 2000ad prizes.

To enter email www.thecomicsshow.co.uk
Producer / Event Director

Bolt-01

I saw this over on ComicSpace last week, and though I think it is a great idea for BICS, it does lead me to think that Dreddcon is now dead...

I wonder if Shane will let us play pictch-fest bingo this year?

Wake

Quote from: "shanechebsey"(I tried to post this on the events thread but wasn't even able to reply to a BICS thread already started on there for some reason).

I've moved it for you. I'm not sure why you couldn't post this straight to events.

Peter Wolf

I just clicked on your website and noticed the Iraq Operation Corporate Takeover.

It looks good and i have to have a copy.I should be able to find it in Forbidden Planet ?

Great choice of subject matter.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

shanechebsey

We have secured a special rate for BICS visitors at:

The Paragon Hotel, 145 Alcester Street, Birmingham. B12 0PJ

( 0121 627 0627 | 7 0121 627 0628 | ( Direct Line 0121 606 4912  

The agreed rates are £45.00 B&B for single rooms, £65.00 B&B for double rooms.

The reference for the guests to quote when calling to make a reservation is COMI041008, the hotel will require contact details and a credit/debit card guarantee for each room booking.

We are also looking at a deal with a hotel closer to the show, more news to follow.

all the best

Shane

shanechebsey

Quote from: "Wake"
Quote from: "shanechebsey"(I tried to post this on the events thread but wasn't even able to reply to a BICS thread already started on there for some reason).

I've moved it for you. I'm not sure why you couldn't post this straight to events.

My account seems to be working normally now Wake.

Thanks

Shane

shanechebsey

Other hotels we've cut deals with:

Macdonald Burlington Hotel (4 star)
Burlington Arcade
126 New Street
Birmingham
B2 4JQ

Tel 0121 643 9191

www.burlingtonhotel.com

10 single rooms and 10 double rooms only left available.

£80 single b&b
£100 double for sole occupancy b&b
£110 double for double occupancy b&b

Britannia Hotel (3 star)New Street
Birmingham
B2 4RX

Tel 0871 222 5501 (central reservation number)

www.Britanniahotels.com

Hotel contact is Dona Dryden

100 rooms on hold for BICS
£45 b&b single
£65 b&b double/twin

all the best
Shane

shanechebsey

For The Britannia Hotel the reference number is TCBI0310. You will need to quote this when placing your booking.

Shane

shanechebsey

Full details of the writing competition are now online at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/competition.htm

You can now also find out about our launch party at: www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/launchparty.htm

cheers

Shane

shanechebsey

The Winning strip has now been published in 2000ad.  :)

Congratulations to the winner.

S.

Mike Gloady

Not only has it been published, it's gone down rather well with THIS reader.  The twist didn't quite grab me at first, but upon re-reading I was grinning hugely.

Of course, to those of us who've commuted by tube and got the campaign medals to prove it, this is rather a realistic tale...
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

Oh, is this the strip that only just ran last prog? If so, that's great. Congrats to the winner, must have been a thrill.