Main Menu

Art of Brian Bolland Image books for sale

Started by gurnard, 19 March, 2019, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

I don't know if this has been posted already but looks pretty cool:

QuoteBrian Bolland
22 hrs
Image Comics have informed me that the cost of warehousing this book exceeds the sales of the book. There are two choices: Either I or someone else could buy some or all of the inventory or they will be sent to be pulped. There are 3,095 copies in stock at $7.78 per book. I thought I might buy 100. I have no warehouse space here or the money to buy or store the whole lot. If anyone wants multiple copies now's your chance. You'd have to do it directly with Image. I could make myself available to sign them if you want. Chris Caira, Scott Dunbier, Joe Pruett, Nick Landau. (The link I previously added below for ordering copies was meant for me alone and at the request of Image I've deleted it.)

https://www.facebook.com/brian.bolland?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARDJYLzDCrln5ZbFLPdD_9ezzqyGj3qFjhViV4VKybg0vo7hiar2aFe3KUf6jgThYNNHdb4Aomq8bZuY&hc_ref=ARSaiG-p-x3w2xGHaLa8xpFZtnFGZLqYl4bQ9oLjG6FALaeiMDoFJpPXR9fR3Bs5vU0&fref=nf&hc_location=group

matty_ae

We're all mild-mannered people here, right? Not like that FB crowd.

Okay. Well...

I don't think people understood the message about these books. And maybe Brian was amongst them.

Clearly Image were saying "Brian unfortunately you need to either buy a large stock of these books at $7 a piece because any that aren't sold back to the creator, will have to be pulped"

It's all a bit unfortunate but by posting it publicly I think there's been a missunderstanding that anyone other than the creator was able to buy these. Then FB posters started saying they wanted them signed (not bad for your $7) and then started asking Brian about postage, delivery times etc. and when they would arrive.

After postage to UK (presumably to Brian), plus import tax, and then the cost of presumably Brian) posting them back out to individual buyers, I'm pretty sure they would be a lot closer in price to the £25 they've always been on Amazon.

I'm also mystified by the 'I've always loved your work Brian BUT I've never seen this book before" crowd.
Real true fans
Bonkers.

gurnard

I would still buy one even at a greater cost :-)  I never seen the book before I must admit.  Ebay throws up some hits but pretty pricey.

matty_ae

Amazon UK still has copies around £25 mark at least from 3rd parties
It is really good
And Brian had a hand in the repro
Highly recommended

Magnetica

Quote from: matty_ae on 20 March, 2019, 01:26:55 PM
Amazon UK still has copies around £25 mark at least from 3rd parties
It is really good
And Brian had a hand in the repro
Highly recommended

That's good to know; I have the IDW Bolland Judge Dredd art book and the repro in that could be better  :(