Main Menu

Letterers, heed my call!

Started by Christov, 06 October, 2010, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Me and spaceghost have been working on a small comic; but we need a letterer, obviously.

Non-paid jobbie, but good experience! Honest!

Here is a quick teaser, PM me if you're interested in the gig.

Emperor

Can't help you on that but the art is looking tasty.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

My lettering skills are rudimentary - I'd give it a go, but personally this is just me saying

Christov that looks bleedin wicked. Love the greytones and it just howls Leigh Gallagher. In a good way - has a lot of depth. :)

locustsofdeath!

Does this happen to be the strip we all voted on some months back?

I agree, spaceghost's art looks a bit fantastic!

Christov

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 06 October, 2010, 07:12:56 PM
Does this happen to be the strip we all voted on some months back?

I agree, spaceghost's art looks a bit fantastic!
It is, and yes; spaceghost outdid himself.

Spaceghost

Thanks peeps. You can call me Lee now though. I've given in to boring reality and abandoned my internet persona.

Christov's done a great job on the writing. Great ideas and dialogue. We just need a letterer to form the holy trinity.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Spaceghost

I'd just like to ask a silly question if I may. If anyone is interested in lettering this thing, would it be best if I just planned out the pages to leave room for speech bubbles to be inserted or draw the empty speech bubbles in?

I only drew the empty caption boxes on page 1 because I was going to letter it myself, but then I remembered that my writing looks like shit.

Any takers for this?

Emperor

Quote from: Lee Bates on 07 October, 2010, 08:29:08 PM
I'd just like to ask a silly question if I may. If anyone is interested in lettering this thing, would it be best if I just planned out the pages to leave room for speech bubbles to be inserted or draw the empty speech bubbles in?

Best bet is to just make sure you leave the right amount of space and the letter can fiddle with the balloons and caption boxes to work best, as I suspect however, good you are there will come a point when they are going to have to add the balloons/boxes themselves and they decide they might as well do them all. Leaving it to the letter also means you don't get asked to do a little fill in if they don't agree with your placements. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Spaceghost

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks great. Dark, mysterious and people love mystery's. Can't help on lettering but this is a definate buy!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

Chaps- I'll have a go.

Pm to Christov on the way...

Spaceghost

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 October, 2010, 01:55:46 PM
Chaps- I'll have a go.

Pm to Christov on the way...

Woohoo! Nice one! Great to have you on board.

Weirdly, I was reading an issue of Futurequake last night and wondering if you'd be interested. I assumed you'd be too busy for the likes of us. Glad I was wrong.

Bolt-01

Busy?! Ha Ha HAAAAA

At the moment I'm up to my eyes in envelopes and getting ready for the brum gig and also the final stages of getting the family holiday to Florida ready (We fly out the Thursday after Brum for 2 weeks) but to be honest- I like lettering and I'm hoping this will be a fun couple of hours at the weekend.