Main Menu

Ipad Pro 12.9 for reading Progs..opinions?

Started by mattp9989, 23 August, 2017, 02:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

Newbie question here...

With a no-frills iPad (for example the 2018 one mentioned above) - do you ever need to zoom in to read text when you're reading the prog - or is the whole page crisp and easy to read as it appears on the screen?

For example, can you read the Damage Report on page 2 of a prog without having to zoom in?

broodblik

The quality of the prog is good no need to zoom in.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Krakajac on 02 March, 2019, 03:36:38 AM
Newbie question here...

With a no-frills iPad (for example the 2018 one mentioned above) - do you ever need to zoom in to read text when you're reading the prog - or is the whole page crisp and easy to read as it appears on the screen?

For example, can you read the Damage Report on page 2 of a prog without having to zoom in?

I was going to say the Damage Report might be a hair small and require a little bit of zoom. But I double checked, and nope, totally legible without zooming actually.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Krakajac

IndigoPrime

Again, grab a digital Prog, stick it on Dropbox, and then check it out on an iPad at your local Apple Store (assuming you have one).

Having reviewed the 2018 iPad, it is a great piece of kit. I wish it had the Air 2's non-reflective screen, but it's still very usable, and a bargain given the hardware you get. However, you might wish to hang on a month. It's very likely we will see a refresh within the next few weeks. This means at the very least a hardware bump, and existing items in the channel probably getting (small) price reductions.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 March, 2019, 04:03:31 AM
Quote from: Krakajac on 02 March, 2019, 03:36:38 AM
Newbie question here...

I was going to say the Damage Report might be a hair small and require a little bit of zoom. But I double checked, and nope, totally legible without zooming actually.

I have to zoom but only 'cos I'm getting very long sighted in my old age.

Mardroid

On my iPad* I zoom to read the text in the Tharg's intro comfortably, but I can manage it without it. (Obviously I definitely need to zoom in for Damage Report.)  The comic text is comfortable to read without any zooming, though, despite the pages being smaller than the printed version. I'll admit, part of me would like a bigger device, for the full sized comic experience, but I don't think I'd want the iPad larger for anything else, as it's just that the right size marrying ease of portability with use, internet and apps. A compromise maybe, but a very small one, since comics really are fine on it without zooming.

*second to latest model. The one smaller than  the 12" jobby. I believe it was the one that came out after the last iPad air, when they made cheaper options by cutting down on screen tech. Resolution is the same as previous though. And I believe the processor is more powerful, which just goes to show how expensive that retina whatever it is tech actually was. And stuff still looks smashing on it.

Tjm86

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 March, 2019, 04:41:00 PM
I have to zoom but only 'cos I'm getting very long sighted in my old age.

I'm finding the zoom function on my paper prog is getting a bit ropey too ...