Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Milfhaven sounds like something you made up.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

I must admit it is more a conceptual amalgam of several locations rather than a place per se

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 May, 2012, 06:44:58 PM
A fine morning was passed in Milfhaven, made even better with the first opportunity for many to try out their Summer wardrobe, coupled with a gusty breeze.   

Thats borderline romantic. Bit like a Cher video.
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

vzzbux

Milfhaven?
You should see some of the gunts that take their kids to my lads school (Shudder).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Aonghus

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 May, 2012, 07:25:54 AM
I must admit it is more a conceptual amalgam of several locations rather than a place per se.

That would explain my fruitless scouring of Google Maps...

Aonghus

Sorry about the double post but I forgot why I came here:

Life is sometimes ok because i had an encounter with my ex-girlfriend today that threw me more than I had any right to be, but she subsequently hung out with me and my friends and my current girlfriend, and it was nice and not wierd. Also, my girlfriend, while still finding my best mate odd and inexplicable, likes him more now after having gotten on well with him today too.

TordelBack

Quote from: Aonghus on 23 May, 2012, 02:58:29 AM
Life is sometimes ok because i had an encounter with my ex-girlfriend today that threw me more than I had any right to be, but she subsequently hung out with me and my friends and my current girlfriend, and it was nice and not wierd. Also, my girlfriend, while still finding my best mate odd and inexplicable, likes him more now after having gotten on well with him today too.

I'm reading 'foursome in the offing'.

Aonghus

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 May, 2012, 07:21:05 AM
Quote from: Aonghus on 23 May, 2012, 02:58:29 AM

I'm reading 'foursome in the offing'.

How curious! I'm reading 'Tales of Horror and Suspense'!

TordelBack

Today's tally:

Angryfying day of dealing with fallout from former business partner's latest extreme dickery: -2 points.
First anniversary of niece's death: -5 points.
Wedding Anniversary non-event due to same: -3 points.
Persistent feeling of complete inadequacy stemming from long hours of self-reflection during dull unemployment course: -2 points.
Youngest daughter having diarrhea in the swimming pool: -10 pts. 

Going out for surprisingly civil breakfast with parents (first time eating out this year): +1 point.
Breakfast consisted of greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and honey (my absolute favourite):  +2 point.
Son beating me hollow in Catan Junior by ruthlessly gaming the market, the cheeky bugger: +2 points.
Securing at least one day's contract work, the first in months: +3 points.
Two large glasses of cheeky homebrewed white wine in the evening sun: +5 points.
Rather magnificent wife looking well up for it despite inadequacies of husband: + 10 points.

Result
Amazingly, I come out ahead on points after an eventful sort of day.  I'd ask Pete Wells to check my sums, but I like the actual result as it stands.

Roger Godpleton

QuoteBreakfast consisted of greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and honey (my absolute favourite)]

That sounds like something a girl or House of Usher would have. Just what the fuck is wrong with you?

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 23 May, 2012, 08:09:53 PMJust what the fuck is wrong with you?

Sheesh, if you haven't got you own theory by now...

But I defend my choice.  More than partial to a good Ulster fry,  some pancakes, a bacon roll or even some yummy kedgeree, but really thick 'proper' Greek yoghurt, full honey, chunks of fresh fruit, and maybe some roasted granola for crunch... There really is nothing I prefer for brekkie.   

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 May, 2012, 08:16:08 PM

More than partial to a good Ulster fry

No black puddin', what the fuck is wrong with you?

exilewood

Roger's Mom is partial to a good Ulster fry. Though she prefers a spit-roast.

Roger Godpleton

My mom remains free of Green contamination.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 May, 2012, 08:20:25 PM
No black puddin', what the fuck is wrong with you?

I prefer mine deep fried, as a supper dish.