Main Menu

Mark Millar looking for 2 or 3 page stories

Started by Emperor, 06 May, 2010, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 May, 2010, 07:01:32 PM
Why doesn't Mark just bankroll FQ? I'm sure he wouldn't be sorry...

It wouldn't cost him an awful lot - you produce a quality product on schedule, all that is really needed from him is better distribution and paying people for their time. Bingo!! Why reinvent the wheel? ;)

Quote from: Dog Deever on 06 May, 2010, 06:34:27 PM
In other words...
Kev wants to see tits, Tits, TITS!

He doesn't just want to see them, he wants to draw them!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

One odd thing is he hasn't specified page size, especially if some of these will appear in the comic. I assume it'll be the same size as other Titan Magazine publication, but what is that?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Dunk!

QuoteHe doesn't just want to see them, he wants to draw them!

Who doesn't?
"Trust we"

Emperor

Quote from: Dunk! on 06 May, 2010, 07:28:54 PM
QuoteHe doesn't just want to see them, he wants to draw them!

Who doesn't?

I don't think I should, it might put menkind of them forever - now that'd be a boob of cosmic proportions.

Paul_Ridgon

Quote from: Emperor on 06 May, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
One odd thing is he hasn't specified page size, especially if some of these will appear in the comic. I assume it'll be the same size as other Titan Magazine publication, but what is that?

Depends Emperor.  When I did Transformers for them it was the same format as the Tooth but for the new wave they're doing with the WWF they're using the American format.  My guess would be, as Clint is going to be on British newsstands, it'll be the A3 format as the US format tends to get lost on the stands.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Phantom Artist on 06 May, 2010, 07:58:13 PM
it'll be the A3 format as the US format tends to get lost on the stands.

A4?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Paul_Ridgon

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 May, 2010, 08:02:40 PM
Quote from: The Phantom Artist on 06 May, 2010, 07:58:13 PM
it'll be the A3 format as the US format tends to get lost on the stands.

A4?

Cheers!

Jim

Sorry Jim, yeah I meant the art will be prepared on A3, published in a4

Emperor

Thanks of the info - sounds right to me.

Quote from: The Phantom Artist on 06 May, 2010, 07:08:59 PM
If I didn't have Bristol to prep for in a couple of weeks I'd be so desperately looking for a writer right now!

Not even a sneaky single pager? I have one written and ready to roll. ;)

Paul_Ridgon

Quote from: Emperor on 06 May, 2010, 08:13:10 PM

If I didn't have Bristol to prep for in a couple of weeks I'd be so desperately looking for a writer right now!

Dude, it's really tempting but I've been promising to show Tharg some Tooth pages since the BICS before last, so I really need to get something done.  If you've not got anyone (or you have another) after the 23rd of this month, I'm definitely your guy!

Emperor

Quote from: The Phantom Artist on 06 May, 2010, 08:18:11 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 06 May, 2010, 08:13:10 PM

Dude, it's really tempting but I've been promising to show Tharg some Tooth pages since the BICS before last, so I really need to get something done.  If you've not got anyone (or you have another) after the 23rd of this month, I'm definitely your guy!

I'm sure that even if I do find someone for that I'm sure I can find something... ;)

locustsofdeath!

Van Dom

Oh hell.... I so don't have time for this.....but I'm gonna have to make it aren't I??

So its ok for me and Ryan to repost the one we put up on the original thread then, I take it? I might try and come up with a 2-3 pager as well now....
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Smarty

I'm looking for a writer to collaborate with on this. If anyone is interested can you shoot me a PM or Email with your general idea and maybe a sample of some work you've done.

you can see some recent stuff I've done at http://smartartsunday.blogspot.com/

Cheers :D

locustsofdeath!

Posted by Mark Millar on creators' rights: "Good question, Mister Diggler. I'll explain all in an upcoming interview when I start officially promoting. But this thread isn't to bring in established pros. I want to use the mag to break in new talent too and a three page story every month is a perfect training ground to see if someone deserves a series in the second year. The first year is worked out entirely already, but I've reserved two to four pages every issue for new talent."

Does that eliminate the nice offering by Al Ewing and PJ? That would be a shame, as I thought it was one of the best.

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 06 May, 2010, 10:38:20 PM
Posted by Mark Millar on creators' rights: "Good question, Mister Diggler. I'll explain all in an upcoming interview when I start officially promoting. But this thread isn't to bring in established pros. I want to use the mag to break in new talent too and a three page story every month is a perfect training ground to see if someone deserves a series in the second year. The first year is worked out entirely already, but I've reserved two to four pages every issue for new talent."

Does that eliminate the nice offering by Al Ewing and PJ? That would be a shame, as I thought it was one of the best.

I wouldn't try and second guess anything unless he states something very specifically. By established pros I got the feeling he was suggesting it wasn't worth Big Names like Diggle (who now have the ear of the editors of the Big Two) taking a crack and blowing all our efforts out of the water and he is looking to promote up-and-coming talent and (for all their fine pro work) when seen from a US perspective neither Al or PJ are "established" so I'd imagine they might still count (as would Adrian Bamforth and Art). Although thinking about it with them in the race we are DOOMED, so I am off now to sneak ketamine in Al's milk. ;) It could be worth clarifying if they were going to bust their humps to get something done.