Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athorist

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 April, 2019, 06:57:35 PM
Or just have HG as 4 implicitly and number the next one 5.

Then you'd just have people asking where volume 4 is. Maybe they could've sent out "Volume 4" stickers for The Horned God.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

sintec

Just 8 unknown slots left according to the wiki, 2 ABC Warriors, 2 Rogue Troopers, 3 Strontium Dogs and Ichabod by my reckoning.  I'm guessing Ichabod is going to be in that large empty block around Sep-Oct this year as that would allow the others to be spread fairly evenly over the next 1 and a bit years.  Question is which series are they going to keep us waiting until August 2020 for the end of?

My guess is that'll be the last book of Strontium Dog.

sintec

And yeah I guess they were damned whatever they did with the Slaine numbering.  Personally I'd have preferred Dark Jimbo's solution of naming each volume.  They've already got an issue number and a volume number, names would have been nicer than yet another number.  Meh, it's hardly the most important thing.

IndigoPrime

Would have been more apparent had the book names been on the spines.

Tomwe

Are there any forum members who admin the 2000ADopedia or even Barney? I only ask as the wiki page is all well and good but the Hachette Transformers collection's page was deleted and so tfwiki is continuing that table. I'd feel better if this information was saved for fans in another place.

Dark Jimbo

Well Stront volume V was lovely stuff. The three post-Rage stories do a good job of pointing the strip's way forward without Wulf - a solo tale, a Middenface support tale, and (of course) a Durham tale. Warzone is extremely slight and unmemorable stuff, but nice to have a breezy little three-parter, and Incident on Mayger Minor still a minor classic - probably one of my favourite Stront tales.

The only story I hadn't read before was Bitch. The oft-repeated complaint is that the story is far too long, but honestly, read in one sitting (rather than drip-fed over a torturous 25 weeks) I only felt it lag once, near the end. Durham is a great foil for Johnny, the kind he's not really had before - someone who's constantly needling and teasing him, rather than providing solid support and friendship ala Wulf. It's clearly exactly the sort of thing he needs at this point in his career - he's a stone cold killer in Incident, and barely says a word during Warzone. By the end of Bitch, he's smiling more than we've seen since way back before Outlaw, even joining Durham in shooting Reagan with a catapult! I feel like the healing's all done by the end of the story, and that's all thanks to Durham refusing to take him as seriously as he takes himself. She's a great addition to the cast, and I can't wait to see more of her.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 16 April, 2019, 10:15:03 AM
Are there any forum members who admin the 2000ADopedia or even Barney? I only ask as the wiki page is all well and good but the Hachette Transformers collection's page was deleted and so tfwiki is continuing that table. I'd feel better if this information was saved for fans in another place.
I'm an admin on 2000ADopedia and I think there's somebody from Barney who pops their head in here every now and then.  Not sure what place Transformers would have on either database though?

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 April, 2019, 10:40:55 AM
Well Stront volume V was lovely stuff. The three post-Rage stories do a good job of pointing the strip's way forward without Wulf - a solo tale, a Middenface support tale, and (of course) a Durham tale.

A Durham Red tale?  The first Durham Red tale!

QuoteThe only story I hadn't read before was Bitch. The oft-repeated complaint is that the story is far too long, but honestly, read in one sitting (rather than drip-fed over a torturous 25 weeks) I only felt it lag once, near the end.

Is it oft-repeated?  Yours was the first time I've read of that complaint!

QuoteShe's a great addition to the cast, and I can't wait to see more of her.

You've had the shower scene already!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2019, 02:41:30 PM
QuoteThe only story I hadn't read before was Bitch. The oft-repeated complaint is that the story is far too long, but honestly, read in one sitting (rather than drip-fed over a torturous 25 weeks) I only felt it lag once, near the end.

Is it oft-repeated?  Yours was the first time I've read of that complaint!

Tharg himself calls it overlong in the book's intro...!

:lol: Well done, sir!
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 April, 2019, 03:12:05 PM

:lol: Well done, sir!

You know what they say about double entendres - when you see one coming along you have to bend over backwards to slip one in ;-)

Tomwe

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2019, 02:39:00 PM
I'm an admin on 2000ADopedia and I think there's somebody from Barney who pops their head in here every now and then.  Not sure what place Transformers would have on either database though?
No, I'm happy that TFWIKI has picked up the TF:G1 wikipedia data. I mean the 2000AD Collection's data. That isn't listed on either of those sites and there is a risk of the wikipedia page disappearing as happened to TF.

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 16 April, 2019, 04:38:25 PM
No, I'm happy that TFWIKI has picked up the TF:G1 wikipedia data. I mean the 2000AD Collection's data. That isn't listed on either of those sites and there is a risk of the wikipedia page disappearing as happened to TF.

Right, gotcha - do you want to add it to the 2000ADopedia?  Anybody can edit it (Barney you have to have moderator access, or something).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2019, 05:27:04 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 16 April, 2019, 04:38:25 PM

Right, gotcha - do you want to add it to the 2000ADopedia?  Anybody can edit it (Barney you have to have moderator access, or something).

p.s. if you do copy directly from wikipedia I believe wikia/fandom has some policy about making it clear, even though* both are creative commons material.

* because?

bedlamvr

Can I just say it's great people are talking about the new books but as a premium subscriber I still haven't got 41/42 and none of my local shops carry these books anymore

IndigoPrime

Send Hachette a Facebook message and ask when your oils were dispatched. Get a specific date. If they don't show up within