Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Coming up in the next few weeks:

5: Mandroid with Steve Green
6: Scarlet Traces with Dave 'Shaolin_Monkey' Wynn
7: Button Man: Get Harry Ex with Pete Wells
8: ABC Warriors: The Black Hole with Julius Howe

A busy weekend of editing here on the MCBC super computer. Lots of flashing lights and spooling reels of tape. Think the Big Rat from Joe 90 and you'll get the picture.

SpongeJosh

Short but sweet podcast. Still very enjoyable as always. :thumbsup:

Eamonn Clarke

Thanks, Josh. Steve Green and Mandroid are coming up on Sunday week and I'm going to try and release every fortnight for a while. See if I can keep up.

AlexF

Just got to the end of the Cursed Earth episode. Having nostlagia-geeked over the deliberate decision to talk about the Titan albums (which were my first graphic novels, too! Well, alongisde a bunch of Tintin and Asterix), I got to get even more nostalgia-geeked by a late-minute revelation that Jim Moon has been blogging about Horror Top Trumps, one of the only things outside of 2000AD that has remained a lifelong obsession of mine.

http://hypnogoria.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/great-ghosts-of-shelves-18-horror-top.html
for anyone else wanting to wallow.

Lovely stuff!

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: AlexF on 03 August, 2016, 08:46:26 AM
I got to get even more nostalgia-geeked by a late-minute revelation that Jim Moon has been blogging about Horror Top Trumps, one of the only things outside of 2000AD that has remained a lifelong obsession of mine.

Indeed - and he finally identified The Mad Axeman!  Much kudos due!  I think that makes it just The Slime Creature that's left no clue about its origins now.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Eamonn Clarke

Thanks, guys.
Jim Moon is a very knowledgeable fellow about all such things

BTW I note that I was calling his podcast Hypnobobs when he he renamed it a Hypnogoria.

Eamonn Clarke

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mega-city-book-club-5-mandroid.html

I'm joined by Steve Green to discuss Mandroid, Minty, and the upcoming Strontium Dog fan film.
As ever there are spoilers for a splendid pair of self contained Dredd stories.

Comments, questions and suggestions very welcome.

SpongeJosh

Another great episode. This has really piqued my interest. A cyborg, tones of The Punisher and a mecha suit thrown in? This sounds like a Tech-Noir I could enjoy.  :cool:

shaolin_monkey

Awesome!  I have to agree, this story really shows MC-1 as the meat grinder described in the film.  It's so bleak!

Great to get an insight into how Minty came to be too. 

Nice one both!

Steve Green

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 August, 2016, 07:52:26 AM
Awesome!  I have to agree, this story really shows MC-1 as the meat grinder described in the film.  It's so bleak!

Great to get an insight into how Minty came to be too. 

Nice one both!

Cheers all, was fun to do!

Eamonn Clarke

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mega-city-book-club-6-scarlet-traces.html

The forum's own Shaolin_Monkey steps into an Edwardian gentlemen's version of the book club to discuss Ian Edginton & D'Israeli's three Scarlet Traces volumes. A perfect catch up if you haven't read these before the current series running in the prog.

Lobo Baggins

Really enjoyed the Scarlet Traces episode - although it's made me realise I loaned my copy of the adaptation of War of the Worlds (the red hardback one) to someone years ago, but I don't remember who...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Pete Wells

Just listened to Steve and Eamonn's Mandroid Episode. I was excellent, but needed more naked mackem in it  :D

At the end you mentioned the covers gallery and said you'd like to see the original artwork for (I assume) the cover of Prog 1453. Your wish is my command fellas!

Steve Green

We all need more naked mackem in our lives.

That's lovely Pete!

Always thought Kev's Dredd would be a good starting point for an animated Dredd.