Main Menu

'In Orbit Every Monday'

Started by Eric Plumrose, 13 June, 2010, 03:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

Despite thinking as a nipper that Forbidden Planet sold the Prog a week in advance of anywhere else (a rare trip to the Old Smoke on a Friday and seeing Prog 382 tormenting me from a shelf THE DAY BEFORE I COULD BUY MINE AT TOMMY'S being the cause of this bedevilment), I can't remember the reason why 2000 AD had the Monday tagline when it seemed only available on Saturday.

Someone here once explained this great publishing mystery (as Sim-1 put it by way of a non-explanation in his list of facts and factoids about 2000 AD in one of the Annuals). Either from anyone would be much appreciated, chums.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Eric Plumrose

Or, to put it another way, if the Prog comes out on Saturday (with corresponding date) why does the cover state it's 'In Orbit Every Monday'?
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Leigh S

I ahve some vague memeroy that it was something to do with telling the newsagents a date rather than the date it hit the shelves, but cant for the life of me rememer that now.  There was a thing on Ebay many years back that went for silly money- a promo thing that went to newsagents in advance of the comic coming out, which i think might ahve touched upon the mystery a bnit more - sadly, lost on a previous PCS knackerd hard drive...