Main Menu

Prog 2022 - Light 'Em Up

Started by Trent, 11 March, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Grud know were I stand on the Cleavercloggs scale...

I just can't be arsed following The Order's timey-wimey stuff, and yes, on a purely personal taste level I'm not keen on Mr Burns work. Does that make me a bad person?  :'(

DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 March, 2017, 12:55:35 PM
Does that make me a bad person?

Yes. Now go to your room and think about what you've done.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Not only have I let my school down and I've let my comic down, but most importantly I've let Jim down....
DDT did a job on me

Smith

dweezil2

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 March, 2017, 12:55:35 PM

.....on a purely personal taste level I'm not keen on Mr Burns work. Does that make me a bad person?  :'(

Yes, yes it really does!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'm afraid I'm going to have to join this chorus of condemnation of Proudhuff. Having met him he seemed such a fine upstanding, pleasent chap. Just smoke and mirrors it would seem.

I just hope his reflection on his behaviour is genuine and he learns from this. We must do all we can to help him find redemption.

Dog Deever

um... I really like The Order- it's been the first story I read every time it's in, it's awesome sauce and I'm a thicky. As I don't look in on the review threads very often I wasn't aware there was so much anti- for it.

Part of its appeal for me is the mad, apparent incoherence of it all. Mrs Deever and I had a similar conversation about Legion on the telly- she's into detective show stuff (I hate that kind of talky drivel) where it engages by allowing you to try to 'solve the mystery' before the protagonists do. She found Legion frustrating and confusing, whereas I'm not trying to 'figure it out', I'm just along for the ride and enjoying the dream-like quality and the mad jumble of incomprehensibility.
I feel the same way about The Order (though it's much less jumbly) , the quality of the art helps too, but it's not just the art that keeps me interested- there's a real 'old school comics fantastical' feel to it for some reason. Superb stuff, love it- more please, Kek-W, Burns and Tharg.

I've been enjoying The Order and Kingmaker most recently (Hope (for the future?) was great too- please come back). All else is just there (even Dredd has been relatively ho-hum for a bit, for varying reasons) and gets read, with the exception of Kingdom- I stopped even looking at that several series' ago and just skip past entirely.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JamesC

Quote from: Dog Deever on 18 March, 2017, 04:44:55 PM
um... I really like The Order- it's been the first story I read every time it's in, it's awesome sauce and I'm a thicky. As I don't look in on the review threads very often I wasn't aware there was so much anti- for it.

Part of its appeal for me is the mad, apparent incoherence of it all. Mrs Deever and I had a similar conversation about Legion on the telly- she's into detective show stuff (I hate that kind of talky drivel) where it engages by allowing you to try to 'solve the mystery' before the protagonists do. She found Legion frustrating and confusing, whereas I'm not trying to 'figure it out', I'm just along for the ride and enjoying the dream-like quality and the mad jumble of incomprehensibility.
I feel the same way about The Order (though it's much less jumbly) , the quality of the art helps too, but it's not just the art that keeps me interested- there's a real 'old school comics fantastical' feel to it for some reason. Superb stuff, love it- more please, Kek-W, Burns and Tharg.

I've been enjoying The Order and Kingmaker most recently (Hope (for the future?) was great too- please come back). All else is just there (even Dredd has been relatively ho-hum for a bit, for varying reasons) and gets read, with the exception of Kingdom- I stopped even looking at that several series' ago and just skip past entirely.

I agree with most of this but I love Kingdom too! I just love Gene the Hackman though - I could read a comic about him peeling potatoes and be quite happy.

Theblazeuk

I was about to say how much I like Kingdom, then realised my avatar has been Gene this entire time...

I am a bit sad about poor [spoiler]Lizee. I hope things turn out...ok... for her clone at the least[/spoiler].