Main Menu

MEGAZINE 216

Started by Darryl, 07 February, 2004, 07:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

WOO and indeed HOO!
After monthas of being pipped to the post, Ive blagged the Review thread first!

SPOILERS>>>>>>

The majority of the meg is given over to Giant - Both past and present.

Dredd - Prodigal - Nice use of Rico to emphasise the maturity of Giant now, Good story, well illustrated by simon Davis.

Whatever happenned to Giant? - a good way to let a once great character bow out with style and dignity.

Young Giant (gold) - well worth reading again, I think I may have missed one or two episodes when it was first published. ( will someone remind me when this was? how soon before necropolis?)

Charly;s War - as good as always.

Satanus  - the one Im not too keen on... ill reserve judgement.

Death - OH. MY. GOD. will he come back from this? what happens next? this aint fair! no more frazer irving to look forward to?

Anderson - Carrys on well, am I the only one to think that feugo (natch) becomes judge fire?

All in all a good meg, apart from the fact theyve published a letter by the arch prat KEANE..... get yer knives out lads, hes BACK........

The Amstor Computer

Without spoiling it further, is the ending of The Wilderness Days a BIG cliffhanger?

BTW - what's Keane got to say for himself?

Darryl

YEP! one BIG cliffhanger! I wasnt expecting it to end like that. You know at the end of LOTR fellowship when yo think, thats it? thats ALL? Ive got to WAIT? its that feeling!

as for Keano - hes bnags on about Grennie's Alpha's gay article, and takes it far too seriously.... equating mutants with gays.

W. R. Logan

>Young Giant (gold) - well worth reading again, I think I may have missed one or two episodes when it was first published. ( will someone remind me when this was? how soon before necropolis?)

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/651.jpg>

Young Giant Prog 651 - 655

Necropolis Prog 674

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

The Amstor Computer

Thanks, Darryl. I've really enjoyed Death, and if it's going to end on something that leaves me wanting more, the wait is going to be unbearable!

"Equating mutants with gays"? Fucking hell... I suspect he's taking the piss, but it's beyond me why the Meg decided it would be a good idea to print it. Do controversial letters really liven up the mailbag anymore?

Darryl

knew I could rely on you Logan! Ta very much!

stront692

probably to get this whole debate going again, there seem to be a fair few people watching really

the article was still a bad idea IMO and i dont really like many of them

thrillpowerseeker

Yes..the article sucked big ones..all it proved was that anyone can read anything into any situation..I hope Rennie doesnt decide to do any similar follow ups

thrillpowerseeker

Hey justa drokking minute..how did you get 216 so early?..

stront692

Byron Virgo

"Death - OH. MY. GOD. will he come back from this? what happens next? this aint fair! no more frazer irving to look forward to?"

WHAT! WAHT HAPPENED! YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT AND THEN LEAVE IT!

AND HOW DID YOU GET THIS SO EARLY, YOU BASTARD!!!
(furious sound of teeth gnawing through furniture and own leg in a mixture of frustration and anticipation)

Darryl

errr.. went into my newsagents, and there it was waiting for me.... has noone else got theirs yet? ;-) (memo to self, return tardis before he notices....)

And I'm not going to say another word about Death!I'm not a rotten snitch who ruins everything!

NA NA NA NA!!!

ukdane

I have to say, I really like this months cover. I know it's just Giant and Giant standing there, but well, it does what it says on the tin!
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

BTW, is that Oddboy with a Hitler moustache in Prodigal?
Cheers

-Daney

IndigoPrime

I've not yet read all of it, but wonder what's up with Gordon - is he out to kill all of Dredd's old supporting cast? :) Next month: a Rennie-scripted "Walter gets melted in a vat of acid".

The Death story was a bit unbalanced and reminded me of the time when Dredd and Anderson were on deadworld, using the spirits to destroy their physical forms. Maybe that really should be it from Death, but I very much doubt that will be the case.

Anderson is a good story, but she was always a very bright character. Therefore, not being able to link between Feugo and Fire is a bit odd, but there you go.