Meg 220

Started by ukdane, 01 June, 2004, 02:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Here's the Review thread.

Not read it fully yet.

Floyd has another letter.

Rennie talks religion.

3 stories end this issue, paving the way for a few new series next month (Anderson & Cursed Earth Koburn) PLUS 2 "very,very big surprises" anyone want to hazard a guess (or know) what they are?
Cheers

-Daney

WoD

Mean becomes a Judge and Dredd dies, thus opening up a brave new chapter in the story of MC1.

ukdane

Oh, and talk about Title cover ups!!!!
 This month's is appauling!
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

"Oh, and talk about Title cover ups!!!!
This month's is appauling!"

...and it doesn't help that this month's cover is fucking awful anyway. If ever a strip *didn't* deserve a cover from the artist, this was it.

thrillpowerseeker

The only problems i got with Ridgways art is that he is unable to draw decent necks...Dredds gregory is non-existant!

thrillpowerseeker

Nice to see Rennie sticking it to the Christian zealots too...and his last remark sounded like a direct challenge to other script droids..wonder who'll be the 1st one with the balls to take him up?..why not have a go yourself Gordon?..Get D'Isreali to draw it as well  ; )

T.P.S

The Amstor Computer

"Sticking it to the Christian zealots"? I thought the whole column was pointing out how easy it is to slam Christianity, and showing how reluctant 2000AD writers have been to take the same attitude to other world religions - so, Christianity gets everything that writers like Pat Mills can throw at it, but Islam and Hinduism don't get touched. Why? Because Christianity is, in Gordon's words, a "soft target".

Floyd-the-k

Cover was a bit flat
the Dredd story finished pretty well

Helltrekkers gets even more Western than before

Charlies war has tanks. I still like it, although his survival gets more and more improbable as the perils go on.

There`s more of that history of everything stuff

Metro Dredd is alright sort of filler

Simon Spurrier, take a bow! Frazer Irving well done.  Mega City Noir is fantastic, really funny in a dry sort of way. Really well done. Frazer`s art is developing (I don`t want to say improving because I always liked it )- I had to check that it was him.  More please! Much more.

I liked the Mean Machine story

Gordon`s column was terrific. I agree with Blackblood, he was hardly sticking it to the Christian zealots, more to the tendency in 2000AD to pick on a soft target that every other book or movie picks on. Do what everyone else does and tell yourself you`re a rebel.
  Will we ever see Slaine do Jihad? Slaine interrupts Mohammed as he is shagging a 16 year old wife (but ignoring her younger brother because only Christians do that sort of thing) and beats him up to stop him destroying all the terrific polytheistic gods in Mecca. Mohammed is really working for the Cyth, who hate polytheism denying the goddess her multiplicity etc etc etc

Yippee, I got a letter in!

thrillpowerseeker

hmm dirty frank, Irony is just something that happens to other people right?

thrillpowerseeker

right I'm just off out to firebomb a church..cya

GordonR

"Irony is just something that happens to other people right?"

In your case, yes, it does seem to be.

You seem to have completely got the wrong end of the stick, and I've no idea where these 'Chistian zealots' at 2000AD are hiding that you seem to think I'm sticking it to.  As far as I know, there's only one scriptdroid who seems to have Christian beliefs, and I've never seen them pushing their beliefs on the readers in any of their work that I've ever read.

Dudley

Damn but I'm looking forward to reading this one now...

RyanKingo7

I hve been waiting for this prog as soon as the news on the war on terror, and I must say I am a bit let down.

Dredd-the story looks like it going to be a humdinger, but the art is terrible, Macneil should stay well away from Dredd, I think only Carlos Ezquarra is suitible for this kind of story.

Savage-funking fantastic, although the art is a bit bland and uninteresting, the story delivers suspense, thrilling action, and an angry man witha shotgun, brilliant stuff.

AHAB-slowly redeeming itself, but it is so slow I'm not too sure it can totally redeem itself before it is over.

Low Life-not to sure about the art but the script is brilliant, the action is superb and the suspense is well written, zarjaz scrotnig at its finest.

Chopper-fantastic art, fantastic story. So far I have been really entertained by the script, and I cannot imagine the art done by anybody else, this is the best thrill this prog!

RyanKingo7

thats todays 2000Ad weekly, not the meg.

thrillpowerseeker

aww c'mon gordon dont get exited..I was just joshing ya