Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

As I said before Andrew Lincoln is perfect casting.

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 26 October, 2016, 10:45:12 AM
As I said before Andrew Lincoln is perfect casting.

He's a good Egg.

COMMANDO FORCES

WOW! That's how you do it on the new episode  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 February, 2017, 04:48:47 PM

A bit 28 Weeks Later, but an excellent scene.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 February, 2017, 10:30:34 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 February, 2017, 04:48:47 PM

A bit 28 Weeks Later, but an excellent scene.

Yeah I let out a gleeful cheer at that moment! I reckon whenever you see 'Directed by Greg Nicotero' in the opening credits you're in for at least one truly memorable zombie kill, and this was another level.

Tiplodocus

It could have spent a bit more time building up the tension and excitement for THAT scene rather than the treading over old ground we had in the rest of the episode. 

And though I understand the logic of that big booby trap, it would have been better that a character knew about it and instigated the action rather than them just coming across it by chance just after Darryl says "We need something like this"..

I'm thinking that this season needs to be like an elaborate heist movie where they move all of the pieces and set the plans into motion to take down Negan.  But I get the feeling again that it will just be some speechifying and then wandering into battle with no clear plan (like they did at The Outpost).

That makes it sound like I didn't enjoy it; I did.  Some cute little character moments too.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

Quote from: Satanist on 21 February, 2017, 02:37:48 PM
Dat zombie!!!  :o

It looked cool alright, but geez what a shite episode.
The laughable Flash mob introduction of the new 'group' fell flat, as did the tone of the entire 60 minutes.

Satanist

You speak the true-true  :lol:

Also had some of the worst green screen I've seen in years.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Monarch

I am wondering due to some of the things these scavenger guys said if they are the early days of a certain group who menaced the comic book version of rick and co in its past two years

Link Prime

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 February, 2017, 05:17:27 PM
I am wondering due to some of the things these scavenger guys said if they are the early days of a certain group who menaced the comic book version of rick and co in its past two years

That crossed my mind too.
It could be that they'll 'swap out' The Whisperers for the slightly less preposterous Scavengers in the TV show.

Pollyanna McIntosh would make a decent Alpha substitute too.

Keef Monkey

Yeah the whisperers substitute was my impression too. I found that given the way the last episode ended, the way that part started this week felt really odd and disjointed. I was a bit tired (and off sick with the lurgee) so maybe missed something, but just didn't seem to gel.

I mean, last week ended with [spoiler]Rick and co. being surrounded by the scavengers, then giving a smile of recognition. I'd assumed they were being lead by a face from the past or something and sat down to this week's episode expecting that to pay off. Then the first time we see them in this one are they coming out of a shipping container but Rick and co. are with them? It seemed really strange to have them pop out of there, and also strange to then have them surround them again, when we'd already had that. Maybe I'm weird (I'm no film-maker) but something about it just felt awkward and didn't read well for me.

Also, I still don't know what Gabriel had to do with them. I might have missed an explanation somewhere but didn't he do a runner with guns and supplies, then get caught by the scavengers, and Rick is okay with that because he apparently knew Gabriel wasn't actually running away or something? Again, the lurgee hath clouded my thoughts but I really didn't get that part.

As for the feature zombie, he looked cool as hell but that whole sequence didn't feel very Walking Dead. My wife only half watches the show while doing other things and looked up from her drawing to ask 'since when did Walking Dead become Mad Max?' and the only answer I had was 'since five minutes ago'. Still he looked cool. But again, that whole scene didn't make a lot of sense because it didn't serve a purpose because the scavenger leader seemed a bit meh about the whole thing, like she didn't know why it was happening either. Good choice of actor for her though, I recognized her as being from The Woman, which she was brilliant in.[/spoiler]

A very weak episode all round I thought, with the only moment that felt noteworthy being [spoiler]Darryl and Carol's reunion - they've played that card a lot already and I'm sure it'll stop tugging my heart strings at some point but for now it still grabs them hard.[/spoiler] It feels a lot like it's playing for time again, and with the way the ratings have supposedly been dropping I thought they'd be trying to really hit hard every week this season.

Link Prime

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 February, 2017, 10:06:55 AM

Also, I still don't know what Gabriel had to do with them. I might have missed an explanation somewhere but didn't he do a runner with guns and supplies, then get caught by the scavengers, and Rick is okay with that because he apparently knew Gabriel wasn't actually running away or something? Again, the lurgee hath clouded my thoughts but I really didn't get that part.

If I recall, they explained that Gabriel was forced to steal the supplies from Alexandria by The Scavengers and was then abducted by them (the person riding shotgun in his car last week must have been one of The Scavengers).

Keef Monkey

Right enough, I'm forgetting [spoiler]he had someone in the car with him. Still, he seemed quite cheerful as he was packing up the guns etc., I got the impression it was a plan he'd hatched rather than something he'd been put up to under duress. Maybe he was chipper because he could see far enough ahead to know how it would pan out and that it would lead to an epic team-up, but it still felt a bit muddled and out of nowhere to me. [/spoiler]

Link Prime

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 23 February, 2017, 03:21:49 PM
it still felt a bit muddled and out of nowhere to me.

Totally agree.

Hopefully the Nitrous Oxide leak on set was fixed for episode 3.