Main Menu

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)

Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

well I just watched the last two thirds of that (part 1 of 3 seemd to be missing) and you were right it was utter tosh. Who would've thought that Zygons would spend so much time staring into mirrors pondering their earthly boobies?

Hawkmumbler

We tried warning ya lad, it really is utter dreck.

Last nights episode was a total cracker, BTW, bringing this full circle. Series 10 has been belting so far.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

The zombie monks saved Earth by warning us about the bio-hazard. If they hadn't done so, by the time the Doctor found out about humanity's apocalyptic incompetence it would have been too late.

[spoiler]All hail our new zombie monk overlords.[/spoiler]

PS, never seen BBV Zygons, but In Memory Alone was actually good.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 28 May, 2017, 04:55:16 PM

I have a fiver that says those guys will turn out to be [spoiler]those classic Mondas Cybermen we've been teased with.[/spoiler]
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 May, 2017, 09:10:35 PM

I have a fiver that says those guys will turn out to be [spoiler]those classic Mondas Cybermen we've been teased with.[/spoiler]

Which may mean that [spoiler]Bill, the university and the vault aren't on Earth at all but the tenth planet, an almost identical parallel on the other side of the sun - which would allow the doctor to "lose" without our world being destroyed.[/spoiler]

shaolin_monkey

My god, what s great episode! And what a cliffhanger!

That's three for three! The writers are on fire this series, and Capaldi is now absolutely my favourite Doctor of all time. I can't believe I'm even saying that. He has bested Tom Baker - How is that possible??

Goaty

I like it! Thought it been great and slow as last three episodes. Thought that leader monk was familiar, found out it was same actor who did the Mummy on two seasons ago.

Jim could be right about the Monks?

Andy Lambert

Why would the Monks be classic Cybermen...? I'm not seeing any kind of link...  :eh:

Bad City Blue

I haven't got a clue what's going on.

Why submit? Why with love? What the actual frak?

Bored now
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

M.I.K.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 May, 2017, 09:32:10 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 May, 2017, 09:10:35 PM

Which may mean that [spoiler]Bill, the university and the vault aren't on Earth at all but the tenth planet, an almost identical parallel on the other side of the sun - which would allow the doctor to "lose" without our world being destroyed.[/spoiler]

I think it'll probably be [spoiler]Mondasian Cybermen, (they do the same mouth thing), but on Earth, (characters have called the planet by name throughout the series, all the people and places in the planet's history appear to be identical, and folk in authority know who the Doctor is. Plus, we've already had one instance this series of Earth not being real Earth)[/spoiler].

Modern Panther

"The aliens have arrived, and we only have a few minutes to save the earth!"

You have a time machine.  You could go away, spend a thousand years working out the problem then come back to now.

"The problem could be anywhere.  I'm putting all classified documents onto the internet so we can use Google to search them"

What?! They were already searchable...You own a supercomputer that could do this in seconds!  How does this make us safer! 

"I'm blind! The tech I built is for some reason strangely limited!"

Seriously!?  My phone can read stuff, translates it from any language and speak it out loud.  You had literally all the time and access to all the technology in the universe, but you've built something with such an obvious flaw?  Your decisions lack any internal logic.

Powercord!

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah - too many holes in that one and it failed to float like a colander in a lake. A rare dud in what has been quite a strong series so far.

Richard

I've only just caught up with this series, having been recording the episodes and watching them later, so I've only just read this thread to avoid spoilers. I think this has been the best series in a long time, it's been consistently good with no annoying episodes. Capaldi's a great Doctor, I'm glad Missy's back, I like Nardole and I like Billi. I'm really glad Capaldi's going out on a high.

Has anyone seen the Dr Who Mr Men books? They're funny.

Dandontdare

Anyone who tries to nit-pick time travel plot-holes in a Dr Who story is missing the point entirely

Modern Panther

The Doctor finally goes crazy and loses what little faith he had in the human race's ability to make its own decisions!

[spoiler]
Siding with the alien invaders, he becomes such a threat to humanity that his assistants free a semi-reformed Missy to stop him.  She successfully defeats the invaders, killing the Doctor.  Then, in a shock move, Missy prevents his regeneration and seals his body in the vault.  They rest of the series is given over to Missy travelling around in the Tardis, trying to be good and saving the day! Inevitably, she fails and in the finale releases the Doctor, realising that she must continue to play the villain.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]nope, never mind.  Let's just defeat the bad guys by holding hands and thinking nice thoughts.[/spoiler]