Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I wouldn't be too sure. Once you've mastered fire you can pretty much sleep in a tree all day like those sex-maniac monkeys.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

Quote from: albion83uk on 14 April, 2010, 01:58:24 PM
I was surprised by my results.
50% Conservative, 25% Green, 25% Labour.

Before taking the test I'd have expected to see some Lid Dem in my results but there was none.

Quoth Lembit Opik: "Have you got any LibDem in you? D'you want some?  ;)
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Quote from: radiator on 14 April, 2010, 09:34:37 PM
QuoteAh, but we were 'appy then...

The concept of 'happiness' is a modern invention, surely? I would imagine that until relatively recently life for the vast majority of people was an endless, desperate struggle to simply scrabble together enough food to survive, interspersed with periods of literally unimaginable horror and suffering.

Ah... You've had tea with my in-laws then?
Pffft...

House of Usher

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 April, 2010, 03:10:22 PM
11% Labour (crime), 11% Liberal Democrat (Europe) and 78% Green (everything else).

Fucking Hell, I'm a tree hugging hippy.

Just think what you could all accomplish together if you all started voting accordingly.
STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: House of Usher on 14 April, 2010, 09:55:39 PM
Quoth Lembit Opik: "Have you got any LibDem in you? D'you want some?  ;)
Who's a cheeky boy!

Peter Wolf

UKIP are by far the best option for the economy because they propose to axe all of the quangos that have been set up by New Labour and stop the taxpayer funding the private sector through what is known as the Third Sector.

Not only that they would exit the UK from the EU and save the taxpayer up to 120 billion a year.

None of the main 3 parties are prepared to do this as they would prefer to cut public services instead while they continue to fund the Third Sector.They would also cut Public Sector non-jobs as well.Of course this will create more unemployment by default as the Third Sector trough-feeders will have no other form of generating income for themselves in the short term and its the same with Public Sector non-jobs so they cost the taxpayer when they are feeding off them and they will still be feeding off the taxpayer when they are unemployed so you cant really win here at all in terms of saving money in the short term until they can generate their own income within the private sector which is what everyone else has to do who doesnt work in the public sector.

I have yet to hear a convincing argument that is for unelected quangos etc but i am all ears.........

None of the main 3 parties outline any policies to deal with the criminality within the banking sector or the BOE so its business as usual in that respect so all we have to look forward to with them is the dismal interest rates paid by banks to savers and no end to the taxpayer footing the bill/shovelling cash for the excesses and mistakes and criminality within the banking and financial sector.

I quote conservatives : "We will restore the banks historic role in monitoring the overall growth of credit and debt in the economy "

Yes of course you will and its not like they have stopped doing that under New Labour.

I am sure that they will continue to expand and contract the money supply/the economy as that is their historic role.This is an outline proposal but i havent gone into it in any detail so i dont know if the conservatives have expanded upon this beyond what i have quoted from their election manifesto.

"We need to change the way we regulate our banks to stop a crisis on this scale ever happening again"

Again i dont know what this means in detail so it could mean anything or it could mean we wont do anything about it.Saying "We need" to do something is not the same as "We will do something" and anyway govts dont dictate banking policy as its the BOE who are affiliated to the FED in the US who are owned and control by Rothschilds etc who dictate banking regulations and everything else to do with the financial sector and i might as well point out to everyone that Bilderberg who David Cameron is affiliated to have already stated that it is their intention to keep the economy in contraction for at least another 12 months.

They also state that : "WE will put the BOE in charge of prudential supervision"

They already are.

Thats all for now.

Thats an outline of their policy.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: radiator on 14 April, 2010, 09:13:29 PM
For millions of years we also had famine, plague, genocide, invaders, slavery, widespread superstiton, a life expectancy of 30, no healthcare, no leisure time, no means of mass transport, no internet, no xboxes. I think I'm a lot happer with the way things are now.

That was the answer. I'm guessing the question was "what have the Romans ever done for us?"
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

I do recall reading once that when man was in his hunter/gatherer phase, he only had to work about twenty hours a week to provide food and shelter etc. for him and his family.

I'd be willing to add another five onto that to pay for games, television and cinema.

Sadly the extra fifteen hours is probably just tax and insurance.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power."

Benito Mussolini
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

I recall now that i chose what turned out to be Labour in that survey because that outline policy said that it aimed to keep homeowners in their homes if they lose their jobs or whatever.

That seemed like a good idea.

I turned down UKIP immigration because of ONE thing and that was future immigrants shall have to prove that they can support themselves financially without recourse to the benefits system which seemed to me to a bit extreme and i disagreed with it.Its the total opposite of what happens now but if someone emmigrates to the UK and is a taxpayer then they should have access to the benefits system as and when they need it the same as the existing population who are already UK citzens have.

What happens if they lose their jobs ?

How can you discriminate like that ?

If you invite them into the country then they have a right to access the benefits system but not to exploit it of course.

This needs sorting out.

radiator

I find it very hard to decide on who to vote for as my political beliefs are quite contradictory - most of my views are very leftist, but on some issues are very right wing. I don't slot neatly into any one party.

I think my survey results support this - 66% Green, 22% Tory and 11% Liberal.

The Legendary Shark

Ask your candidates if they're going to continue letting the government raise money based on debt by selling bonds, or allow them to print their own debt-free money. If they want to keep things as they are, don't vote for them.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 April, 2010, 04:11:45 PM
Ask your candidates if they're going to continue letting the government raise money based on debt by selling bonds, or allow them to print their own debt-free money. If they want to keep things as they are, don't vote for them.

Rothschilds invest in Govt bonds.

I think David Cameron is a career politician and a fraud and he is the next chosen PM but its not guaranteeed because of the popularity of the independent parties which is why the mainstream media are totally ignoring them which is really all they can do to divert attention away from them because the mainstream media just perpetuate what is now known as the left/right paradigm which is an illusion of choice when they are two sides of the same coin which is where the saying "No matter who you vote for the govt always gets in" originates from.

There was David Cameron today saying that Gordon is a genius and that type of thing.

Get Fucking real.He is supposed to the opposition but he is just playing the career politician game and he knows the score and who is really in control.

We have paper voting but that can easily be fiddled.

I dont reckon that UKIP would win this election at all because i think that will be Conservatives and if that happens we will be having exactly the same conversation we are having now in 5 years time and so the cycle continues............................

HOO-HAA

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 April, 2010, 04:26:01 PM
We have paper voting but that can easily be fiddled.

Not as easily as computer voting.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.