Main Menu

2000AD Southern Contingent Autumn Gathering - 11th October

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 29 June, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Short and sweet. Was a good brief catch up for me. They were all looking a bit scruffy though.

Thanks to CF for the call to pints (even though I didn't drink).

Until Future Shock!

COMMANDO FORCES

It was a very enjoyable day and I must say a MEGA THANKS to all who managed to get there and to the few who couldn't, we're palnning on the next gathering around or on the Prog's 38th Birthday ;)

Well, as usual we started to arrive around the 12:00 mark at Forbidden Planet, where SmallBlueThing bought a few items for himself and his lads, keeping the comics industry alive all by himself. When the clock struck 13:00 we were stood outside, waiting to see if any others were on the way, just to catch them as we walked along to the Crown and Anchor.

Once inside, we decided to go upstairs straight away, as downstairs was quite crowded. As we drank and chatted a few more of the contingent arrived and a also new member, who joined the facebook group not long ago.

Many things were talked about, including the upcoming Adi Shankar miniseries, the merchandise on show at NYCC, the FutureShock Doc at the BFI and numerous other things. Gradually everyone started to drift away and five of us ended up at Cabana Brasilian Barbecue where we had our mains before our starters :crazy: and so we had a round of drinks on the house for their mistake.

All in all another great day/evening with everyone having a pint or two and some interesting chat.

That's the waffle over, now for a few pics. These first excellent ones are by Tony Richards

Not quite everyone upstairs but the picture was taken anyway

A lovely arty black and white one, which Tony took, as he's not in the above one!

Outside the pub Steve shows us a blank screen and we are excited!

This was before everyone was there and the chat was in full swing

Now for my average pics and these three just show most of us in the pub, as not everyone was there yet!

I won't mention the getting soaked by a car hitting a puddle, a medical situation on the train up there or getting shat on by a bird, oh hang on, I just did :lol:

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 October, 2014, 02:45:01 AM
or getting shat on by a bird, oh hang on, I just did :lol:[/color]

How much did you pay her?

That first pic is obviously photoshopped, the lightings all wrong! Did you learn nothing from the moon landings?

How about a few names to faces?
DDT did a job on me

ThryllSeekyr

Dandontdare

COMMANDO FORCES

Now I can't remember who has forum names and who hasn't due to using the facebook page to gather more 2000 AD fans but here goes.
From L to R Albion, James, Simon, Julius, Sheridan, Tony, Rachael, Dunk, SBT, CF, Steve & Mardroid

Missing from that picture are SuperSurfer, Large48 & Ivan

And yes the way Steve looks superimposed is quite spooky :o

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

See I know you more by your real name now. It's like the opening titles to Soap ;)

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 October, 2014, 06:24:25 PM
See I know you more by your real name now. It's like the opening titles to Soap ;)

or a Pat Mills intro page  :-X
DDT did a job on me

strontium71

I'm impressed with the celebs that turned up - I can see at least: Jon Bentley , General Zod , EpIII Obi-Wan , Ross Noble , George Michael AND Richard Osman!
...because I hate you.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 October, 2014, 06:40:27 PM
I'm impressed with the celebs that turned up - I can see at least: Jon Bentley , General Zod , EpIII Obi-Wan , Ross Noble , George Michael AND Richard Osman!

That's not John Bentley, that's clearly Alistair McGowan doing and impersonation of John Bentley.

Skullmo

''EpIII Obi-Wan''

:lol:

I knew something was nagging at me while we chatted!

Great to meet you all - and thanks for organising - I recommend this meet to anyone considering coming to the next one!
It's a joke. I was joking.

judgerufian

Gutted I was on the Isle of Wight buying christmas decorations so no excuses for me on the next one, Impressed by Supersurfers commitment to make it, you shame us all  :-[

Well done for the organising CF!