Main Menu

Star wars Kinect are we impressed yet?

Started by Devons Daddy, 31 March, 2012, 03:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

launch party event in Singapore rest of world four days prior to April 3rd launch, max online exposure.

VERDICT.........

WE ARE!!!
its not overly adventurous, lots of gimmick including dance? ::)? which i am sure i will never play, (unless house is empty.

but overall, bloody fun, some easy some ok.
HELL YEH! light sabre fight,
we wanted to be able to use our motion sound light sabers, which we purchased for our children as gifts, and have yet to allow them touch.

question was raised,
MAN SAID YES IF YOU WANT TOO. no demo, but crowd there to evaluate the game for their children where generally happy with response.

anyone else tried yet.
pre-orders comes with mini figure. (no word on special download content for pre order mentioned) normally does though.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

TordelBack

That looks a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  If I had a Kinect I'd be tempted.  Shame they didn't get Billy Dee for the VO though.

JOE SOAP

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 April, 2012, 09:12:43 PM
Bad enough for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZiWTYXl7s

That's simply beyond brilliant! This is only the second thing* that's gotten Stevie excited about Star Wars since he was 15 years old.

*The first being scoring a double pass to a preview of the 20th anniversary Special Edition in 1997 in order to impress a certain young lady.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JOE SOAP

I think all the prequel fans still don't realise where it's really at, with Star Wars it's always 1977, it was always disco.

Roger Godpleton

Quote*The first being scoring a double pass to a preview of the 20th anniversary Special Edition in 1997 in order to impress a certain young lady.

How old was your mom when she had you then? If it's 12 then that would explain a lot.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 April, 2012, 09:12:43 PM
Bad enough for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZiWTYXl7s

V

That is hilarious, I mean its so mental. Is that really part of the game? Are Star Wars fans up in arms about this???

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 April, 2012, 08:56:21 AMAre Star Wars fans up in arms about this???

If they are they need to train themselves to to let go of everything they fear to lose, as someone once said.  It's no dafter than the slapstick in Lego Star Wars, and that's one of the greatest things ever. 

Early footage I'd seen suggested a simple (dull) rail-shooter-with-lightsabres affair - this is infinitely better.  Boogying down on Bespin?  Who doesn't fancy that?

Dr Feeley Good

Hired this for the week, God I hate it !! The pod racing and the parts where you are on a speeder bike or in a ship are ok, the rest is shite !!! Light saber parts are terrible , fighting the same enemies over and over again ...

Radbacker

I like the way Awsome and Great flash up on his groin (just letting Leah know what she's in for) :)

BUt really, the lightsabre game, i think its all canned animation isn't it? not actual 1 for 1 movement.  Not that you'd want that  as really who the hell has time to actually learn how to sword (lightsabre) fight? always saw that as a problem not a holy grail of motion controls like some people, the point of playing a game is you dont have to have all the arsom real life skills you just have to be able to learn some button combos.
The only Kinect game i've enjoyed so far was the Rez sequal but i suspect i would've enjoyed it just as much using standard controls.

CU Radbacker

Devons Daddy

playing it far to much recently.
BLOODY HELL ITS A WORK OUT.

the light saber fights, if you happened to have such a thing in the house, and the room, you may find its quite engaging, though a simple remote control in your hand has the same overall improvement affect to your skills, but is not quite as endearing.

the dancing sequence, its fun, and cringe worthy, the pod race, ACE!
jump,run,shoot,defend,fight.

yes its a worthy of our groats.
give it a go, not immersive but fun.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!