Main Menu

Blur

Started by bluemeanie, 05 April, 2012, 03:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Yeah... this was talked about a bit in a Split Second Velocity thread I started about 2 years ago but figured it was worth a new one of its own

While I was saying how much I loved Split Second (and still do, I still havent uninstalled it) many were bigging up Blur instead

Well its currently on Steam for £3.75 for the next 9 hours or so. One of their daily deals.
Thought I'd let people know. Just downloading it myself now to see if its as good as people made out

And as I mentioned Steam.... I'm on there as welshbluemeanie

GordonR

Never actually played it, but I did some very early concept work on this. None of it was used in the game, but - weirdly - the game concept I was working on for them would have made it pretty close to Split Second.  (But, y'know, better...)

bluemeanie

I am enjoying it but it still hasnt toppled Split Second for me... possibly as I was never a Mario Kart player and this does feel like Mario with all the cute shit kicked out of it

That said I'm still only doing the single player stuff and havent taken it online yet. That'll probably be when it comes into its own.

Hell of a lot of fun though and for under four quid I cant fault it. Looks gorgeous maxed out on my pc

Professor Bear

I hate Mario Kart and always have done- when not totally off my face.

It's one of those games that only makes sense when it's you, a load of mates, and some kind of mind-altering substance, be it alcohol or something more legally questionable - then Mario Kart becomes the game you play loudly until it's daylight outside, which I have done more than a few times.  See also: Bishi Bashi Special, Tekken.

Roger Godpleton

Fuck all y'all, Mario Kart is the shit. It's not Mario's fault you're insecure about your masculinity.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

M.I.K.

Diddy Kong Racing was better because you could be a tiger called Timber that went "Rar!" when you selected him.

radiator

Diddy Kong Racing was an absolute fucker! Remember tearing my hair out over that game - Rare used to make really deceptively difficult games didn't they? Ahh, remember when games used to be difficult...?

JamesC

Mario Kart has never equalled the brilliance of the original SNES game. Every addition somehow seems to take something away from what made the original so fun - even the Gameboy Advance remake was somehow inferior.