Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Life Spugs because...
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 03:33:50 pm »
Oh lad, I'm so sorry for your loss.  What an awful day, my deepest sympathies are with you and your family.  I know you have to face into all the dreadful practicalities that follow, especially with the care complexities you mention, but try and make some time to look after yourself and your Dad too. It's the hardest of times for you all, but you need to eat and sleep and just think and remember too.   
General / Re: SEPTEMBER ART COMP - 40 YEARS OF FUTURE SHOCKS
« Last post by IAMTHESYSTEM on Today at 03:20:13 pm »
Sorry, don't know how to get an image of this so links here to my Deviant page. The Gifts of the Magi by Al Ewing, ably drawn by Lee Townsend is my favourite Future Shock. A group of Superhero's Aliens come to aid Humans out of our percieved delinquency. We immediately begin to plan their demise! Our Antihero uses a DNA virus in a gas form to murder the whole do gooding lot of 'em. MMUHAARRWW! 

http://fav.me/dboask9
Film & TV / Re: GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by blackmocco on Today at 03:09:46 pm »
Pretty excited. Took a while to come round for me, but really looking forward to it now. I'm not gonna bag on Orville but "it's not as bad as I thought it would be" isn't exactly what I was hoping for with a new Trek-ish show.

Outside of the official twitterscape, I've a mate who happened to be drinking in a pub near where the premiere screening was held. He was telling me a big crowd arrived in after the event and were very happy with what they'd seen. Different enough to feel new but very much still Star Trek. Apparently it looks beautiful.
Events / Re: Thought Bubble 2017 - 23rd and 24th September 2017.
« Last post by Pete Wells on Today at 02:33:28 pm »
Bah, I’m hating Thought Bubble this year. Spread out,massive queues. They’ve killed it.  >:(
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 02:18:39 pm »
Aye, the best we can offer on one level is our condolences.  It's small comfort that it wasn't a long, protracted fight.  All I would add is that everyone here is rooting for you and if you need to sound off or rant then please come here and do it.  If you need to talk through any of the crap with social services then there is a peculiar body of knowledge and experience here that might be able to support you as you dig into that hornet's nest.  If nothing else we can at lest help you clarify your thinking.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers right now. 
Film & TV / Re: GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by IAMTHESYSTEM on Today at 02:07:56 pm »
The shows Producers seem upbeat about Discovery, and the soundings from the screening have been brimming with confidence, so it might be that we've all got the wrong end of the stick and ST:D is a competent piece of work and not the oddball mess it appeared to be at first. I hope it does well and becomes as popular as other Star Trek series have become and if not, well that's' life sometimes.
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by pauljholden on Today at 01:52:41 pm »
What an impressive f**k you to everyone else’s hard work in the comic. Well done.

I'm sorry if you took it like that. My main issue with the prog is that I don't like them as physical objects, it's nothing to do with the creators involved. Indeed, I have plenty of PJ Holden books in my collection.

Surely the point of this Zenith thing is to make some extra sales. Would be a bit hard if everyone who might be interested was already slavishly purchasing every possible Rebellion product.

I was grumpy, for which I apologise.

I disagree with your characterisation of the motive behind the zenith piece. More likely Matt thought it would be fun and the pr droids decided to maximise its exposure.

-pj

Announcements / Re: 3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release
« Last post by Mikey on Today at 01:50:45 pm »
The shoulder pads are unmistakably 100% Bolland design though

Not denying Bolland all over, but it was this pose that brought Ezquerra to mind - it may be the width of the shoulders or something, but it definitely said Squirrel to me!

« Last post by IAMTHESYSTEM on Today at 01:48:28 pm »
Dreadful news Cyberleader there aren't many words for such a time as this. Condolences to you and your family in this grief-stricken moment.
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by JLC on Today at 01:41:38 pm »
Just received prog 2050 in the post, and it's interesting to see the Zenith piece which is a one-page faux magazine interview accompanied by Yeowell's Zenith pinup.
Thanks for the warning!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10