Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by The Enigmatic Dr X on Today at 10:13:08 pm »
If there were a referendum, would Englanders keep the Scots?
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 10:11:45 pm »

When there were loads of us, that would have been funny. I'm the only Jock now, so you're all racists.

You can't be racist to a Scotch person.
General / Re: 2000AD Original Art Thread
« Last post by Leigh S on Today at 10:01:38 pm »
Whilst googling OPug Ugly for the 2000AD art competition, I happened upin this recently ended gumtree thing!  Hope Rob Cox got the Meltdown Man oages...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/comics/2000ad-judge-dredd.-original-art-greg-staples-clown-ron-smith-block-mania-pug-ugly-for-sale./1287896500

Looks like Robert did indeed get them! That Puk Ugly page could ahve been my gateway purchase!  One of my all time favourite stories

I think Robert did bag them. He certainly did show off some pages recently. Never look on Gumtree, though I'm kinda out of the art collecting game now.

But saying that; That Ron Smith Pug Ugly page is just wonderful. Classic tale. Does anyone know what they went for?
« Last post by Frank on Today at 09:52:28 pm »

When there were loads of us, that would have been funny. I'm the only Jock now, so you're all racists.

« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 09:42:11 pm »
and of course shit weather.

Still better than Scotch weather.

Just read The Golden House of Samarkand and l have to be honest struggled with this one a little. I mean its still a fantastic read and the story is rich and deep, but at this extended length I was wondering if we'd have more time to explore things. But its so dense and full. The plot cracks on at an immense pace and while there are scenes that are allowed a little more space and time, so much happens and so much is covered.

I just don't think I was able to give it the good length of reading a pleasure like this deserves to get the best out of it. At some point in the future I'll have the time to devote to this the attention it deserves. As it is I'll settle happily for the shallow reading I've managed.Not had this problem before with any of this series but this one left me frustrated as I knew I was missing meaning and ideas.

Still a glory to behold and even read with the lack of insight I managed I fantastic tale. At moments its just breath-taking and Rasputin has turned here into one of my all time favourite comic characters, just a joy. So no problems and I should be happy that I know this has so much more to offer when I return to it.
Prog / Re: Prog 2082 - Out For Blood!
« Last post by Geoff on Today at 08:14:57 pm »
Anyone else notice the calendar in the Durham Red strip...!? In the office in the bar... Very amusing touch in what's looking like a very promising strip.

Dredd's looking interesting too as is Skip Tracer and I'm even enjoying Deadworld.

Survival Geeks on the other hand is just an embarrassment. Please keep its run short and don't bring it back.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on Today at 07:40:59 pm »
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on Today at 07:39:09 pm »
2001: A Space Odyssey

They are doing some theatrical screenings in 70mm and I've only ever seen it at home, on a projector.

Hard to separate from the jokes/nods that have seeped into popular culture - the Jupiter Mission and HAL's breakdown was by far the most interesting part for me.

Lux Aeterna is a bit harsh as well, just became annoying rather than alien after a while.

A family in front of me had brought their under 10s with them - no idea how they lasted...
I watched it last night on the home projector.

Awesome!
Megazine / Re: 396 - The Razor's Edge
« Last post by Apestrife on Today at 06:12:20 pm »
The floppie with Bloc judge. Brilliant. Probably one of my absolute fav. Dredd stories. Love how packed each page is. Hard to put down :)

They should release it as an over sized hard cover. Would buy it in instance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10