Main Menu

Cameos in early progs

Started by slithy, 03 April, 2017, 09:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slithy

Anyone have any idea who the politician is/was?

Leigh S

2017 version: "I want the British people to see that their leaders have been executed - if that doesnt endear us to them, nothing will..."

Tony Angelino

Wasn't there a robot sheriff in Flesh who bore a resemblance to the Westworld Yul Brynner Gunslinger? Its been years since I've read Flesh and don't have any of the reprints.

Tony Angelino

Sorry, I've just read the opening post and my example probably doesn't quite meet the criteria as a real life person.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Andy B

sheridan

Quote from: Andy B on 05 April, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
Roy Jenkins?

Looks pretty similar to James Callaghan too:

Though neither have moustaches.

positronic

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 04 April, 2017, 02:36:22 PM
Plenty of cameos such as Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers in the Face Change Crimes.

http://dreddalert.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/judge-dredd-face-change-crimes.html?m=1

Throw some hyperobessive stippling in there, and you've practically got Drew Friedman. Didn't Bolland do the Stooges too?

SpaceSpinner2000

I think the cameos become way more frequent in later years (eventually there's a mecha-Thatcher in Robo-Hunter, and of course Ronald Reagan has an extensive run on Strontium Dog). In '77 I like this little cameo by the Muppets when MACH Zero was introduced. It sets a chilling scene. The "I like the Crumpets/Grumpets" chest tattoo would quickly disappear!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

rogue69

Kenny Everett was in the first Nemesis story the terror tubes

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 07 June, 2017, 04:38:27 PM

I think the cameos become way more frequent in later years (eventually there's a mecha-Thatcher in Robo-Hunter, and of course Ronald Reagan has an extensive run on Strontium Dog). In '77 I like this little cameo by the Muppets when MACH Zero was introduced. It sets a chilling scene. The "I like the Crumpets/Grumpets" chest tattoo would quickly disappear!

Looks like a t-shirt to me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Yup, Steve McManus says in TMO that it's a t-shirt, and indeed the thing he's most proud of in the strip

Steve Green

That would be great to have as a t-shirt, a bootleg of a knock-off copy of the muppets.

TordelBack