Main Menu

Game of Thrones Season 7: It's A Bit Nippy Out (SPOILERS)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 July, 2017, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

She did have Robert killed (thus triggering the war in the first place) and blew up every motherfucker in the Sept of Baelor. Whilst I'd agree that that the High Sparrow and his Faith Militant fuckers had it coming, there was a fair amount of collateral damage there...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Plus, now that I think about it, the entire mess with the Faith only came about because Cersei saw an opportunity to destroy Margaery, which got somewhat out of hand...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Leigh S

Well, I don't feel too bad about her killing Robert - he kind of had it coming! Plus, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Cersei acting alone there.  She couldn't have expected the war to come from that.  Similarly, she was right to move agaisnt Margaery  - she could see that for what it was - a counter plan much like her own to grab the power via marrying into it.  As for the Sept of Baelor, you reap what you sow - I choose violence!

radiator

This video - a deep dive into the character of Cersei - is well worth a watch.

Fair warning - it discusses both book and TV show portrayals of the character, and though the TV adaptation has now outpaced where the books are at (the last Cersei chapter in the books to date is her 'walk of shame') it does go into pretty deep speculation about where her story is ultimately headed that might constitute potential spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5TX2aLdB4s

Also, all this guy's other Game of Thrones videos are pretty great.

sheridan

Quote from: radiator on 12 August, 2017, 07:14:50 PM
Fair warning - it discusses both book and TV show portrayals of the character, and though the TV adaptation has now outpaced where the books are at (the last Cersei chapter in the books to date is her 'walk of shame') it does go into pretty deep speculation about where her story is ultimately headed that might constitute potential spoilers.
Nah - speculation isn't spoilers - unpublished/unbroadcast events are only spoilers if it's someone who has actual insider knowledge on what's about to occur.

Hawkmumbler

Well it's all a bit good so far, isn't it?! [spoiler]Utterly loving the way it's shaping up, and HUGE losses to the roster already! Ballsy indeed![/spoiler]

Rara Avis

I think Alt Shift X is the best GoT channel on youtube. It can take a while after each episode for the breakdown but they were worth waiting for. A really great analysis of each episode that adds on content from the books.

Quote from: radiator on 12 August, 2017, 07:14:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5TX2aLdB4s

Also, all this guy's other Game of Thrones videos are pretty great.

Rara Avis

Important stuff happening this week! Weird episode I thought. After the excitement of last week this seemed like another filler episode, in fact I might describe the whole season as a filler season. Nice to see Jon Snow and Drogon hitting it off and [spoiler]not only has it been confirmed that Jon is the son of Rhaegar, it's now been confirmed that he's not a bastard because Rhaegar annulled his first marriage and wed Lyanna. This makes him 'Da King in Da Norf an Da Souf'[/spoiler].

Leigh S

Not sure the capture a walker is the greatest plan- couldnt they make one instead?  Bring a dead guy up to the wall and let him turn, as we saw when Mormont and Snow got attacked all that time ago...

Though on that point, the wall stops them getting past, but if thats the case, how did those walkers come into being?  And I ahve memory of them sending a bit of a zombie to Kings Landing before (but it rotting away before anyone could see it?)

PPlus, Cersei has her own undead, so would she be particularly convinced by seeing a smaller version (not that anyone knows that I suppose) 

Rara Avis

Making a wight is a much better idea than catching one.

The walkers would be dead Wildlings, Caster's male children and other people that live on that side of the wall.

Yes but Ser Robert Strong obeys her and is brainwashed to be her personal bodyguard.

I've been watching a few videos online and there is speculation that [spoiler]Thormund[/spoiler] will die in the next episode. Please no!

Bolt-01

Think the only one's to come back from the wall for sure are Jon, Jura and the Hound. I think all the rest are doubtful and I reckon Tormund and young Gendry are toast.

This is the stupidest plan, but the shot of the seven walking out was awesome.

radiator

QuoteNot sure the capture a walker is the greatest plan- couldnt they make one instead?  Bring a dead guy up to the wall and let him turn, as we saw when Mormont and Snow got attacked all that time ago...

Nope. It takes a White Walker's magic to raise the dead - corpses don't just spontaneously spring up. As far as I understand it, the incident back in season one you're referring to wasn't happenstance - it was a premeditated White Walker plot to assassinate the Lord Commander using their undead stooges.

I still agree that it's a stupid plan though.

QuoteThink the only one's to come back from the wall for sure are

My money is on [spoiler]Jon and Gendry coming back. Why make such a big deal of bringing Gendry back to kill him off in the very next episode? Also, story-wise, the Northern army really needs a blacksmith to forge some Valyrian steel blades for them, he has still got to reunite with Arya, and I also suspect Gendry - as the heir to House Baratheon - will figure significantly into the post-war, post-Lannister power structure of the Seven Kingdoms.

The Hound I think has a 50/50 chance of survival - I think he has substantial plot armour because, like Bronn, he's a standout fan favourite character and the writers obviously like keeping him around. Pretty sure that Jorah, Beric, Thoros and Tormund are all goners - I'd be amazed if any of them come back. Jorah in particular has 'heroic sacrifice' written all over him.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Can you believe HBO managed to air/leak the next episode themselves. They say it was an accident but I think they just couldn't wait to show it because [spoiler]UNHOLY FUCK![/spoiler]

Link Prime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 August, 2017, 12:48:42 AM
because [spoiler]UNHOLY FUCK![/spoiler]

Indeed, fantastic episode.
Out of all members of The Magnificent Seven, I'm particularly glad that [spoiler]Jorah[/spoiler] survived.
There has just been too much invested in the character, including [spoiler]his recent recovery from an otherwise death sentence.[/spoiler]

A very predictable final scene- but in the most satisfying way.

sheridan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 August, 2017, 12:48:42 AM
Can you believe HBO managed to air/leak the next episode themselves.
?  It was the Spanish TV station, not HBO?