Main Menu

Strontium Dog CD

Started by Floyd-the-k, 27 May, 2003, 10:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

The latest Strontium Dog CD is alright but nothing to write home about.  It`s disapointing because the first one was absolutely fantastic.
  Oh and the last Judge Dredd CD, `I love Judge Dredd` was a scream, really really funny.  Probably funnier to British people who know who the various sendups are aimed at (I`m Australian but I`ve watched a bit of British TV).  They just gave up totally on the American accents apart from Dredds.  I`m sure that the rock group was based on Pulp.

cheers,

Floyd Kermode

ARRISARRIS

Should some of the C.D.s be reworkings of classic 2000AD tales. Now that could be fun.

Wake

Though I like the Day the Law Died and Apocalypse War CDs produced by Radio 1, I'd prefer Big Finish to stick to new stories. Ditto novels.

Wake

Devons Daddy

tough call
 i think Big Finish are doing an excellent job.but i would enjoy perhaps a specail of a classic dredd.
i have not heard the BBC ones so i cant comment on them.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Huey

I think by necessity an audio adventure would have to be a very different beast to a comic. The comics are written knowing that a lot of the info will be carried visually ( Check out this week's Dredd. Many of the panels lack any wordage). The audio dramas have no visuals. Imagining the best stories without the visuals often leaves a pretty stale story.
I think that Big Finish need to capture these strange worlds through sound. From the few I've heard they haven't done this. A lot of Dredd's world could sound really wierd and impressive if done properly. at the moment they play like a castrated comic strip.