Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I was surprised at the credit card for Infinity Inc as well!

2000AD Prog 358: Sky chariots on FIRE Sláine

Ukko saves Sláine's life (and there's a matter of a volcano), the return of the snufflegruff, the Collector finds out he picked the wrong nose, Johnny and Wulf go underground and Gunnar goes to pieces.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 359: A demonic attack – at the heart of justice! The Haunting of Sector House 9 AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Slough Throt's catchphrase, a, like, deep baritone voice, inside a sector house, Gunnar's replacement and the explosive end to the Killing.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 360: "It's alive!" The Haunting of Sector house 9

The worm turns for Slough Throt, Sector House 9 gets spooked, Rogue feels Gunnar's absence and there's filler courtesy of alien customs and time dilation effects.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 361: Sláine ...Enter the Dragon!

Dragons in the Land of the Young, Gunnar gets telekinesis, Dredd has to evacuate the sector house and Tharg meets a challenge.

sheridan

Most of yesterday was spent travelling, but I'm back!

2000AD Prog 362: "On yer bike, Dredd!" The spectre in the sector gets stroppy!

The Mata is named, time-clones, psi-criminals, G.I. clones and the brain drain.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 363: Strontium Dog Their name is Stix... they have MURDER in mind!

Didn't mention in the blog but this was the first time I met Stix.

Nest tells the poem of tomorrow, DR and EE meet TJ, OK? Sector House 9 gets less haunted, Scots stereotypes are fine if its Scots writing it and a shout out to Gunnar.

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 365: I, Tharg, bring you Thill-power!

While Sláine and Ukko are busy, Nest gets tied up.  Marlon signs up for T.J.s picture.  The wrong kind of gentleman arrives on Runner's Walk.  The bounty on Wulf and Johnny rises (plus the return of some old faces).  And some other people make a reappearance above ground...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 366: "Yer a dead dog, Alpha!"

The dragon battle begins!  D.R.'s film gets its title...  Meet Dave!  Alpha goes on the run and Rogue and Gunnar get surrounded.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 367: Sláine... dragonslayer?

A death, a reincarnation and a recap of what's going to be coming up in Sláine.  D.R. & Quinch also come to an end.  Dave picks himself for mayor - shame he isn't a candidate...  A new director of the Doghouse, and it's the return of an old face (under a new face).  Milli-Com come to the rescue (though they're also trying to kill the G.I.s).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 368: "Still want to stand for mayor?" Election bulletin!

The mayoral election campaign hots up (emphasis on the 'bullet' in bulletin in the cover tagline).  The mutant bounty hunters get permission to go to Antarctic City.  Before Halo there was Maze.  There's a black obelisk on the moon (not that one).  You Only Die Twice lives up to its title.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 369: Reward – one million creds! The Alpha gang... WANTED!

The mutant bounty hunters arrive in Antarctic City, things heat up with Maze Dumoir, Dredd discovers a switch, a trucker tries to send a message and Rogue receives a message.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 370: Will this rookie pass the Dredd test? "Relax, team – I'll protect you!"

Somebody gets one of his lumps shot off.  To sustain suspense I won't reveal who it is.  How do Souther captains eat their lux-rations when they're wearing chem helmets?  We never find out!  Dredd and Dekker are drafted in to protect the Radiators from a bomber, but who's going to protect the Radiators from Dredd and Dekker?  Shock!  Hard labour!  Twist!  Advertising!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 371: Sláine action figure this issue! Rebel with a cause... Rogue Trooper

Double flashback time for Nelson Bunker Kreelman!  Prehistoric games and modern day tourism, we find out how Dave's surprise prediction proved correct, dreams and doppelgangers and that Nort summit isn't what it appears...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 372: BINGO! Dredd & Dekker play for creeps! "Your number's up!" BINGO! Losers inside

The Alpha Gang monkeys around, the Juggernaut makes a splash in New York, Dekker counts the perps, aliens get a sense of life on Earth and have you heard of this planet's largest wilderness?