Main Menu

Morrison's Batman and Robin getting an extended run

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2009, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Good news indeed. In an interview with USA today Grant Morrison discussed Bruce Wayne's return.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2009-12-09-morrison-bruce-wayne-st_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

That in itself is interesting and exciting news BUT he also mnetions towards the end

"Q: Aside from Return, what new work can readers look forward to from Grant Morrison in 2010?

A: Mostly Batman work — I'm doing at least another year of stories with Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne in the Batman and Robin book before that book starts to dovetail with Return and we rush headlong and screaming into the next big, earth-shattering, game-changing twist in the life of Batman."

Which means hopefully at least another 12 issues to come. WAYHEY!!!!

bluemeanie

:'(

not a fan. And Pirate Batman? Jeez, that stuff sucked when DC went all Elseworlds for their annuals one year. He might prove me wrong but I'd love them to take him off Bats for good now. Even the Batman and Robin book which I loved the first few issues of went off for me

satchmo

Great news! It's my favourite book by a mile right now.

TordelBack

Quote from: satchmo on 09 December, 2009, 04:59:15 PM
Great news! It's my favourite book by a mile right now.

It's the only superhero book I've bought in 'floppies' since Seven Soldiers, and only the second Batman book I've ever bought that way.  Each episode is a total treat, with a full repertoire of fresh imagery, mystery, revelation, action, violence, character and witty banter, usually ending in a nail-biting tease.  What a monthly comic should be.

Al_Ewing

This looks fantastic. Bring on the Batman Of One Billion BC!
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Certainly intriguing but somehow I find it a bit too weird. Batman B.C? Where's Raquel Welch and her minimilist clothing and how much crime and millionaires did the Paleolithic Age actually have ? ;)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I, Cosh

That sounds absolutely brilliant. Sold!

Let's see Batman punch a dinosaur.
We never really die.

Emperor

And the fourth artist on the series is Andy Clarke (not Frazer Irving):

www.comicsalliance.com/2009/12/09/andy-clarke-next-artist-on-batman-and-robin/

I think it would be the decent thing if the Big Two kicked back some of their profits to Tharg for doing all their hard work for them, nurturing talent ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

Quote from: The Cosh on 09 December, 2009, 09:33:15 PM
That sounds absolutely brilliant. Sold!

Let's see Batman punch a dinosaur.

Nah. Let's see him kick a dinosaur in the face!

I want these comics very, very much.

- Trout

I, Cosh

We never really die.

satchmo

Colin YNWA

More Morrison Batman news

"So will Bruce Wayne eventually be returning to "Batman" and "Detective Comics" or "Batman and Robin," or another new title?

There is a plan, but I can't talk about it yet. I was always going to move on after 12 issues of "Batman and Robin," then it went to 16 and I figured that was it, I'd told my story. I figured once Bruce came back, it would go back to the traditional Batman status quo, which is kind of where I came in. But then I had an idea that seemed to me a really exciting way to continue the story in a new direction, so I'm going to stay on for that. It's a different take on Batman and Robin, but I don't want to say too much until nearer the time. We still have all kinds of twists and turns and shocks to get through before any of that."

Full interview here

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24180

Colin YNWA

Not seen any talk of issue 7 yet and as I read it this weekend figured this is as good a place as any to once again gush in an unoriginal style about how brillant it is. I'm delighted to see Cameron Stewart take over the art after the slightly disappointing Tan and what a fun, packed issue he and Morrison put out - even if it has one heck of a speech balloon clanger in it.

brillant brillant stuff.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 January, 2010, 02:59:26 PM
Not seen any talk of issue 7 yet and as I read it this weekend figured this is as good a place as any to once again gush in an unoriginal style about how brillant it is. I'm delighted to see Cameron Stewart take over the art after the slightly disappointing Tan and what a fun, packed issue he and Morrison put out - even if it has one heck of a speech balloon clanger in it.

brillant brillant stuff.

Yes. That's how you do a cliffhanger!

TordelBack

Yeah, that speech balloon reversal was hilariously bad in context!

I'm afraid I didn't enjoy 7 anything like as much as the first 6.  It was certainly jam-packed with ideas, but some of them didn't work for me: things like [spoiler]Damian's spine being removed Worf-fashion[/spoiler], for example.  Tourist London was well drawn and extensively punned, and some of Rhyming Slang was good ('Davina's') but things like the[spoiler] King Coal's Tube train[/spoiler] felt a bit like a retread of the Guardian segments of Seven Soldiers, with 'Manhattan' crossed-out and replaced.  

I also don't really get Batwoman's (is this Babs back on two feet?) involvement, but that is probably due to having had to abandon the enjoyable Darkest Night for financial reasons.

Still love Dick Grayson's Batman though.