Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Forgot to mention another 2000AD gaming-related purchase: the meeples (a prototype of which was displayed at the 40th anniversary two years ago).

Produced by Termight Replicas though no longer available directly from them (links to two sellers at the bottom of the Termight page) these are wooden figures for use in varoius games.

Eamonn Clarke

And we're back!

After some gremlins (a bionic beaver apparently) got into the file hosting server the Mega City Book Club is back online and all 94 episodes are online and available in your podcatchers, so you can check out Brother Sheridan and Sister Rachael discussing Nemesis the Warlock at

www.megacitybookclub.com

And coming up in the next few months we have:

95: Robo-Hunter with Damian Edwardson
96: The Iron Legion on Big Finish with Brian Doob
97: Metalzoic with Nathan Duck
98: True Faith with Alex Frith
99: ?
100: ?

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 04 June, 2019, 11:30:04 AM
And we're back!

After some gremlins (a bionic beaver apparently) got into the file hosting server the Mega City Book Club is back online and all 94 episodes are online and available in your podcatchers, so you can check out Brother Sheridan and Sister Rachael discussing Nemesis the Warlock at

www.megacitybookclub.com

And coming up in the next few months we have:

95: Robo-Hunter with Damian Edwardson
96: The Iron Legion on Big Finish with Brian Doob
97: Metalzoic with Nathan Duck
98: True Faith with Alex Frith
99: ?
100: ?

Is The Iron Legion that Dave Gibbons Doctor Who story (can't remember if it was written by Pat, Alan or John), meaning Big Finish is an audio adaptation of said story?

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: sheridan on 04 June, 2019, 01:55:11 PM

Is The Iron Legion that Dave Gibbons Doctor Who story (can't remember if it was written by Pat, Alan or John), meaning Big Finish is an audio adaptation of said story?

Yes, Big Finish have adapted the Iron Legion and the Star Beast stories from DWM by Pat and and Dave. Mills and Wagner alternated the writing duties on the Gibbons run it seems.

Not quite sure what to go with as the episode title yet. The Big Finish adaptations of The Iron Legion and The Star Beast is a bit of mouthful.
I could try Storytime with Uncle Pat:D

Eamonn Clarke

I met up with Damian Edwardson from ArtNineTwo at the Lawless convention to talk about Wagner and Gibson's manic robotic creations in Robo-Hunter. The bar was noisy so I've done what I can with the background noise.
It's a fun discussion that encompasses Wombles, politics, and the healing power of art, as well as robots, lots of robots.

"Slay 'em again, Sam!"
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/06/95-robo-hunter.html

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 27 May, 2019, 10:22:40 AM
Insane detail by Kevin O'Neill on Sheridan's grailpage.

Just listened to the podcast in question. It truly is an amazing illustration, isn't it? Imagine putting this much effort in at a time when comics were seen largely as throwaway pieces of entertainment for kids.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 June, 2019, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 27 May, 2019, 10:22:40 AM
Insane detail by Kevin O'Neill on Sheridan's grailpage.

Just listened to the podcast in question. It truly is an amazing illustration, isn't it? Imagine putting this much effort in at a time when comics were seen largely as throwaway pieces of entertainment for kids.

I'm not sure if I like it better in color of black and white! I love some monochrome!

Also, getting VERY close to episode 100, I can't wait! Keep up the good work!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Cheers, Guys. Yup we're on the road to 100.  :o

And here is Damian's first grail page. Sam Slade is back in the game. Words by John Wagner, art by Ian Gibson.

Eamonn Clarke

Episode 96 and Brian Doob is back in the book club to discuss Big Finish and their audio adaptations of two Doctor Who stories by Pat Mills and Dave Gibbons. It's a fun chat about a couple of great audio plays..

Listen in at:
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/06/96-big-finish-comic-adaptations.html

Eamonn Clarke

Class is in session as Professor Nathan Duck joins me in after-school detention in the bar at Lawless to discuss Metalzoic by Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill. Expect giant robots, mind-bending science fiction concepts, and operations on our own brains!

Listen in at:
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2019/07/97-metalzoic.html

Eamonn Clarke

Nathan's first grail page from the b&w prog pages of Metalzoic. You can see the colour version on the facebook/twitter/instagram pages.

somebody-nobody

i really enjoyed the episode and I'll definitely put metalzoic on my reading list. great podcast all in all.