Main Menu

Fugin Message board.

Started by jont, 24 November, 2001, 09:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jont

Doe any one else here hate the lay out off this message board, any chance of a Delphi Forum?

Tu-plang

describe a Delphi foru, man, I have no idea.

jont

Go to www.delphi.com/ellis . You'll need to get a login name, but some of the best message boards on the net.

jont

I just realised you coded this board yourself, no offence meant. Other than delphi icon board is pretty good (example, http://www.neonwheels.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi)

Wake

What do you (or others) hate most about the board layout?

The advantage of coding it in php is that I can modify it without having to start again (unlike the previous Perl incarnation).

jont

"What do you (or others) hate most about the board layout? "

The massive reply field appearing every time you read a message. Only being able to read one message at a time.

Roger Simian

This isn't something that's bothered me here, but I do like boards that take the last post to the top of the page even if it's on an older thread.  That way you can keep discussions going for a while if they get interesting.

Wake

Give me a few days and I'll have a 'read thread' option in place. I'll have a think about the reply field.

Wake

Thread Zero

Wake

Okay, a view thread option is now in place, plus the category turns bold if the message is less than 24 hours old.

Wake

nathan