Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

opaque

So you have to add your picture onto CAF one at a time then?
Think I might be leaving that till during the week in that case. Got over 300 to upload.

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 14 April, 2013, 02:40:27 PM
Got over 300 to upload.

Now that is just showing off, Kevin!  :lol:
Seriously though, very much looking forward to seeing your pages.
Regarding CAF, its one at a time - unless you subscribe to the premier upgrade ($50 a year) then you can upload multiple images.

opaque

I upgraded earlier but can't see that about multiple images so will have to hunt it out.

Well some of them are the page with and without the lettering. I've got some I've not been able to re-identify so they will have to be added later on.

Spikes

I think it gives you the option to do multiple posts when your in the process of loading, or completing the first one. Usually ive only had the need to post one image at a time, but i think thats how it works.

opaque

Thanks, I'll have to see as although I obviously need to add all the extra info I'd be nice to do it after uploading everything.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 April, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 12 April, 2013, 05:59:59 PM
Sweet mother of JESUS, that Black Hawk page looks waaaayyy better than it did on EBay.
I'm gonna have to ask you lot some advice on obtaining a (cost effective) scanner at some stage.

Great piece Greg.

I can now report that the hand-held wand scanner is pretty awesome (my IT skills however are shite - I managed to delete the entry completely off CAF, simply by trying to replace the photo with the new scan)

Have a looksee here: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1002498

That's two images stitched together using microsoft ice!

Good stuff Mark.
Could you PM me the details on that 'wand' scanner...must keep an eye out for one.

hippynumber1

Spikes

This 1979 vintage Dredd page arrived today, all courtesy of Mr Wake. (And now up on CAF).

ming

That looks great, Iain!  I always had a soft spot for this story...

Link Prime

When this was published I was one and a half, and would have likely wished to colour it in.
I can appreciate it now though- nice one Iain!

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 17 April, 2013, 08:33:29 PM
This 1979 vintage Dredd page arrived today, all courtesy of Mr Wake. (And now up on CAF).

Drool!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=111

Not sure if people have seen this already (probably) but there is a lot of colin Wilson 2000ad art for sale here at not unreasonable prices :)

It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Cheers for the heads up Skullmo.

ming

Yeah, Royd has (or had) lots of great Colin Wilson 2000AD art - Rogue, Dredd, etc.  Mostly gone now, but still a few left I think, and the prices are very, very reasonable.  Royd's great to deal with as well - a thoroughly nice fella.