Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 11 April, 2018, 08:49:31 AM
Quote from: Arkady on 10 April, 2018, 04:43:43 PM
Can anyone give us a breakdown of the contents of 17 & 18?

17 is the complete Zombo from the pages of the prog, but not his appearance as Z.O.M.B.O  in the 40th special.

18 is Slaine vol 1 up to the end of Sky Chariots in prog 360

Thanks! I've never read any Zombo, and it's been a long time since I read the early Slaine stuff.

IndigoPrime

I've just been told the dispatch date for 17/18 is now 27/4. So that means they'll likely show about a week before 19 is on sale in my local newsagents.

moldovangerbil

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 April, 2018, 10:51:04 AM
I've just been told the dispatch date for 17/18 is now 27/4. So that means they'll likely show about a week before 19 is on sale in my local newsagents.

Same info here.  They also told me the sketch book would be included in that delivery and that the covers book will be sent out separately.  Maybe they're starting to get their act together.

Arkady

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 April, 2018, 10:51:04 AM

That will leave me about where I was before I double-paid to bring myself to the front of the subscriber queue, or maybe a week behind that. Once things settle down I may do that again. I'd quit my subscription once I had the sketch book, but I want the cover volumes.

IndigoPrime

Right, so I've finally got an answer, and it's potentially positive:

QuoteDispatches will be pushed until all the subscriptions are up to date . we will send out the letter in every dispatch to inform  your when to expect the next issues until we return to the original schedule.

Dark Jimbo

17 is the complete Zombo from the pages of the prog, but not his appearance as Z.O.M.B.O  in the 40th special.

Wow, really? All four books? I was expecting just the first three.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 April, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
Right, so I've finally got an answer, and it's potentially positive:

QuoteDispatches will be pushed until all the subscriptions are up to date . we will send out the letter in every dispatch to inform  your when to expect the next issues until we return to the original schedule.
Wow that's a better answer. Shame I don't believe it personally. Like when they said there would be a letter in this last delivery explaining what had happened.

Arkady

I don't understand how they can catch up without taking two payments in one calendar month.

IndigoPrime

They're not an entire month behind. So if 17/18 are shipped on the 27th, 19/20 could be shipped on the 20th, 21/22 on the 14th, 23/24 on the 7th, and they'd be back to where they should be. But, yeah, I'm not convinced it'll actually happen.

Arkady

Ah yeah that makes sense. We'll see.

DrRocka

Just to add to the madness, I get mine reserved by my local comic shop every fortnight, and today's issue (Zombo) hasn't turned up. He's been invoiced for it, but it'll likely come with the next one, he tells me. What IS going on?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 April, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

Wow, really? All four books? I was expecting just the first three.

Yup, it's all in there.

The Monarch

the fcbd one off doesn't appear to be in there either its cool to have all four books tho

Tjm86

Possibly not the best news for subscribers but WH Smiths Ponty had a couple of copies of volume 17 today.  Does look nice.  At least it's kicking about.

Tomwe

Over on FB a Mr Tony Heugh says has received a covers book. Even though he asked not to get one.