Main Menu

Counting...

Started by Quirkafleeg, 14 July, 2006, 04:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Can't solve the clue for 15. Do you have to be a maths geek to work it out?

The answer's looking you square in the face.
We never really die.

CraveNoir

Perhaps you could dispense a hint on getting from 17 to 18 then. Please, for the love of God!!

Hint: Leonardo of Pisa

wikipedia is useful.

House of Usher

Thanks, Cosh. I knew that would come up sooner or later, I was just too lazy to do the math...
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

I got to 18 the same way Carnivore did. I think I may have to give this a rest and get on with some decorating, because I can't see any clues for 19!
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Getting exciting now. I've sussed the clue (easy one!) and I'm now getting the redirect...
STRIKE !!!

ukdane

Can't work the math for 18. not sure I care anymore.
Cheers

-Daney

LARF

I have found the solution page...

DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CHEAT!!!!

Link: http://nexus.signal2noise.co.uk/~eason/nnfshost_solution.html" target="_blank">SOLUTION

House of Usher

This just seems stupid to me. Am I right in saying that in order to get the clue for 20 on page nineteen, you have to use a web browser that doesn't support javascript? Is that clever?

If that's the answer, I'm not impressed.
STRIKE !!!

CraveNoir

I used ReGet, a download manager, to grab the actual webpage. If you think that's bad wait until you get a few pages on!

I got to the end. (For future generations, I'd like to note the solutions page linked above only goes up to 20 as of this writing.)

you win (for now)

That was lots of fun.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dark Jimbo

Well, kept us all out of trouble for a bit, I suppose. I daresay there were a few less comic geeks roaming the streets this weekend while we tried to grapple with this quite annoying puzzle. Be honest - who just gave up?
@jamesfeistdraws

LARF

After looking at the answers I knew I wouldn't have got even half of them because it relies upon you knowing code etc.

So it's not a real test of logic or IQ, but a load of bollocks.

Rex Banner

Fiancee has temporarily given up trying to solve 21. Annoyingly, it looks like she has the solution but in her words 'Can't get the bastard thing to work!'.

Darryl

Somebody could have mentioned that having caps lock on will stop you dead in your tracks! half a fucking hour on 'FIVE'!!!!!

Noisybast

"Am I right in saying that in order to get the clue for 20 on page nineteen, you have to use a web browser that doesn't support javascript?"

You could always just disable Javascript in your browser, Ush...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!