Main Menu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Started by Goaty, 02 November, 2009, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks for that Banners, I will have to read up on it!

Roger Godpleton

My Amazon copy hasn't come yet, might just cancel it and see if Sainsbury's has any left.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 10 November, 2009, 12:15:16 PM
My Amazon copy hasn't come yet, might just cancel it and see if Sainsbury's has any left.

If they havent I read online a few people have gone to Dixons/Currys and they will price match Sainsburys.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Goaty

Goaty

oooh first great moment of this game, was when at first mission with battle of the bridge, and when get on Humvee, there funny moment as you wait for the planes to bombing the buildings but notice those Rangers there was filming the bombing on their mobiles!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Goaty on 10 November, 2009, 03:05:38 PM

That is a good idea that is badly executed plus the wording is terrible.

"Two actual working fully loaded machine guns"

I mean really....i dont see two machin guns in that picture.

"functional night vision goggles"

Glad to hear that they are at least "functional".

"Sniper scope kit"

Do you get a rifle to go with it as well or do you mount it on the M16 or the light machine gun as its pretty useless on its own.

"Black Market Anti-depressants"

Not a good idea really it has to be said for many different reasons and why would anyone have to get them off the black market when pharmaceutical drug pushe...i mean companies are almost giving SSSIs or happy pills away ?

Anyway......

Its obviously a joke but they could have actually put some thought into it.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Martin Jameson

Quote from: SteveMillar on 09 November, 2009, 09:28:43 PM
I have read that sainsburys are going to sell it for £26.00 but they don't open 24 hour !

It is £26 at Sainsburys - got it from there this morning. Tesco has same price but you have to buy another full price game. Glad now I didn't pre-order it from Game. Going for quite a bit on ebay too.

Professor Bear

No wonder our brave boys in Afghanistan keep getting killed when the jars of raspberry jam they cart around with them keep getting in their eyes every time they turn a corner so's they can't see a flipping thing.

Goaty: You're wrong - the first great bit of the game is before it even starts:  "This game contains a level that will make you cry if you are a big girl.  Would you like to skip it and knit a sweater for an orphan instead?"

Richmond Clements

QuoteGoaty: You're wrong - the first great bit of the game is before it even starts:  "This game contains a level that will make you cry if you are a big girl.  Would you like to skip it and knit a sweater for an orphan instead?"

Heh. Closely followed by the awesome snowmobile chase...

Satanist

Well I played this for about an hour last night and really enjoyed pretending to be Commando Forces.

Oh and the first great bit is unwrapping the game and sniffing the manual.

Just me then. I'll get me coat.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Quote from: The Satanist on 11 November, 2009, 10:25:40 AM
Oh and the first great bit is unwrapping the game and sniffing the manual.

I thought the Manual was bit shite, a big letdown, Worst Manual Ever! lol...

Richmond Clements

Hah! The manual was bit... minimal! Though to be fair, I think most of the time has went into the fucking awesome stuff on screen!

Dan Kelly

First real exposure to CoD and impressed so far.  However it's a tad difficult!

Picked up in Sainsbury's last night for £26 queue of middle aged men picking up copies.  Double takes as guys walk in to see the price, followed by detour from shopping accompanied by quick mobile calls to mate/brother/so to see if they want a copy.

Kudos to Sainsbury for limiting it to one sale at a time, but allowing you to rejoin the queue to buy another.

COMMANDO FORCES

I see Modern Warfare 3 is announced and it's ultra realistic. I think I'll go for the Wii version ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReKUSzo8Y-s