Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight (2014)

Started by Goaty, 04 March, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Goaty

Keef Monkey

Been avoiding trailers for a while as I knew right at the announcement stage that I wanted and needed this. Probably the only huge game release for me this year actually (although I'm also pretty pumped for Mad Max).

radiator

It looks nice and all, but so over the top and serious.

Would like to see a open world BM game with a more classic feel.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 27 April, 2015, 05:16:51 PM
It looks nice and all, but so over the top and serious.

Would like to see a open world BM game with a more classic feel.

Get back to your Polybius, Radiator.
Over the top and serious has defined this series- I like what I see!
(or can't see)  ;)

Like Keef, this is 'The' big game for me this year (now that Zelda Wii U has been postponed and Silent Hills cancelled), really looking forward to it.

Looks like they could be using elements of the Azrael [spoiler]becomes a more violent version of Batman[/spoiler] story-line.

Keef Monkey

Bah, I dd the pre-order/pre-download thing on XB1 which has worked out about a tenner more than getting a disc off Amazon.

A bit annoying (it's about time digital prices sorted themselves out on the consoles) but I guess I've got the convenience of the digital thing which is nice.

Am wondering how the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus will work - they're saying it's story content leading up to the events of Arkham Knight, which makes me think it might work like the Catwoman stuff in City. You launch the game and you're playing as Harley for a bit before you get into the Batman stuff. Worked well in City I thought, quite enjoyed those Catwoman moments, was weird to think that without that DLC your first hands-on of the game would be totally different though.

Satanist

Yeah this is mine and the kids next big game as well. Comes out when we're on hols so should be waiting for us when we get back. Purposely didn't get Witcher 3 because it was to close to this release.

Keef - I remember when Arkham City was released there was a screw up and a lot of the DLC codes were missing from the box (including mine). I was so pissed off as I couldn't play my game without missing the start of it though it was hilarious when my 6 year old was explaining what DLC was to the woman at customer service.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 March, 2014, 01:15:06 PM
The Batcave has always been a bit of an issue for me - especially the more elaborate intepretations of it. Who built it? How did he keep it secret? You can just about buy that with Nolan's version in Batman Begins but a top secret bat lift for the batmobile that leads to a "just under the surface of the water" road? How on earth did that get built?

That reminds me of the MAD magazine parody of the 60's TV show.  Commissioner Gordon points out they could follow the phone line from the red batphone in his office back to the Batcave.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Pete Wells

Anybody playing this? I am and it's absolutely incredible! Wonderful graphics, stunning gameplay (I'm not amazingly sold on the Batmobile but it's still great fun) and best of all, an utterly gripping storyline.

I think I'm near the end, but who knows, this game just keeps on giving. Very highly recommend by Pete Wells Block!

Link Prime

Quote from: Pete Wells on 28 June, 2015, 10:52:30 AM
Very highly recommend by Pete Wells Block!

Seconded.

I've had one of those weird 'hermit gaming weekends', living off coffee, anti-histamines and cereal.
My eyes feel wrong.

JamesC

Yes I'm really enjoying it.

While it is quite serious it has plenty of dark humour too. I love Paul Dini's version of Batman and, though it looks very different, this game (and the previous ones) could almost be seen as a continuation of the animated series. You could certainly see things like Mask of the Phantasm fitting in with this continuity.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 June, 2015, 11:58:57 AM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 28 June, 2015, 10:52:30 AM
Very highly recommend by Pete Wells Block!

Seconded.

I've had one of those weird 'hermit gaming weekends', living off coffee, anti-histamines and cereal.
My eyes feel wrong.

Almost describes me, but I still live me dad!

Dr Feeley Good

Not that far into it but really enjoying it !

Satanist

Had my first lengthy sesh on this yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. I've seen the batmobile come in for some stick on some reviews but I think as long as you keep mixing up the missions it makes for a nice change of pace.

Also the city looks luverley!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?