Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 November, 2019, 03:25:23 PM
...And then you read Bunny vs Monkey and wish all children's comics could be that good.

Yeah the boys a little obsessed with Jamie Smart. Here's this years Halloween costume.

Rately

Immortal Hulk Volume 1 is £0.69 on Comixology.

Great book, and worth a read at that price.

IndigoPrime

Good tip, Rately. I'd been wondering about that since MWOM was sadly taken out back and shot. (IH v1 was due to be the lead in the next vol.)

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 November, 2019, 03:56:44 PM
Good tip, Rately. I'd been wondering about that since MWOM was sadly taken out back and shot. (IH v1 was due to be the lead in the next vol.)

It's lovely stuff, IndigoPrime.

Great writing and lovely art, and they have taken the Hulk to new levels, and explored some pretty horrendous stuff, and provided some nightmarish visuals.

I'm waiting for payday to get Volume 5, and I heartily recommend it to anyone who just loves really good comics.

Hope you took the punt!

IndigoPrime

Rately

IndigoPrime

US RRP is $49.99. Before Brexit happens, that's about £38, so Amazon's knocked a few quid off. (In the US, it's up for $35 – about £27.50.)

karlos

Really?

I thought the omnibus was a $125 book?

IndigoPrime

Sorry – looks like you're right, and Amazon has messed up across its sites. Oops.

I suspect in this case, a fix will happen soon and/or Amazon will cancel orders. Worth a punt if you want the book, mind.

karlos

I'm supertempted...

(Amazon didn't cancel my orders for Allred/Slott Silver Surfer and the infamous Marshal Law mess-up back in the day, so fingers crossed!)

IndigoPrime

What happened with Silver Surfer? My three biggest bargains were Marshal Law, Tales From Beyond Science (£4.49!), and Ms Marvel HC #2 (bafflingly sold very briefly for £8.92).

karlos

The Allred/Slott Silver Surfer was briefly up for pre-order on Amazon for £20 or so - and that was the price I managed to get it for

It now changes hands for over £100 - must've gone out of print in record time!

IndigoPrime

20 quid? Blimey. I thought I did well getting it for 35. And, yeah, OOP. Very glad I got a copy, because it's such an ace run. (I discovered it through MWOM. Another reason why I'll miss that comic...)