Main Menu

Prog 2010: Your Move Eathlets

Started by James Stacey, 12 December, 2009, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Donning flame proof suit as I haven't read it cover to cover yet, but .. That Strontium Dog advert ... Oooooh. It's John Wagner so it will probably go in a different direction than expected but I can't wait. Oh and I hope Bullmoose enjoys the damage report. He should have a Slurm to celebrate fame.

Trout

Mine is nestled comfortably in its envelope. I have some time to myself later and will save it for then.

It's calling me...

worldshown

Only had chance to read the first Dredd story so far. It looks like Sinfield is poking around with something he should leave well alone in case the Mayor finds out.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

radiator

Crazy deadlines - working all day today - won't get home till after midnight, so could someone post the contents? In particular I'd like to know about the Dredd.... Last weeks ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. Is it still Gore City? Or a new arc (O Little Town of Bethlehem?).

Also keen to know the full line up as it has seemed to change a little from the original plan.

Cheers.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 December, 2009, 11:13:50 AM
GGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

After the pasting we gave Batson for not respecting the sanctity of the Prog review thread, I can agree with that sentiment. On the other hand, having been guilty of premature thread bagging, I can't too be quick to cast the first stone.

I have, however, now read the whole thing!

Enjoyed it loads. Not a duffer in the pack, and a fine bit of icing on 2009's vintage cake of thrill power. Special mention to the Ewing droid for [spoiler]"Baubles! Eating my face!"[/spoiler]

I'd like to raise a festive glass to all the Nerve Centre droids, and all the script, art, and lettering droids that have made this year such a good one.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 December, 2009, 11:25:59 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 12 December, 2009, 11:13:50 AM
GGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
After the pasting we gave Batson for not respecting the sanctity of the Prog review thread, I can agree with that sentiment. On the other hand, having been guilty of premature thread bagging, I can't too be quick to cast the first stone.
No no, that's fine and it wasn't what I was growling at. The postie had just been and left nothing but a Christmas card from my auntie. With no cash in it.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 December, 2009, 11:29:12 AM
With no cash in it.

Now, that's just rude. Doesn't she understand the meaning of Christmas?

Insultingly small amounts of cash by post from relatives you never see, Rage Against The Machine on the radio, unsportsmanlike blagging of the Prog Review thread ... now that's Christmas.

Cheers!

Jim

Colin YNWA

You have my sympathy Cosh as I'm also victim of the random nature of X-Mas time post. No prog for me this morning BUT did get the compensation of a copy of 'Extreme' 13 containing the complete Harlem Heroes which Peter Wolf very kindly sent me (tahnk you once again Peter). So I think I'll read that today instead.

James Stacey

I knew you'd be understanding Jim :) Spirit of Christmas and all that. Radiator, it's a double Dredd bonanza. Some more Gore city action and a great Al Ewing one off. How cool was the layout of that? The old credit card, the page layout, the perforations along the edge of the yellowing paper. I almost found myself checking for newsprint on my fingers before going further. Top story too, nice oldschool villian and even the first 1/2s dialogue felt suitably 1977. Really shows off how far the comic has come.  

mygrimmbrother

Buttonman

No Prog in Paisley - rats' asses.

As this is the final qualifying for the never dull letters quest can anyone tell me if there are letters and if so who are the scribes? With several punters on a three count this is vital (in the world of letter writing).

cheers!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 December, 2009, 02:04:14 PM
can anyone tell me if there are letters and if so who are the scribes?

'Tis a double-pager, BM, and the lucky Earthlets are:

Andy Grannell
Tim Lowther
Godfrey Marriott
Tonieee
Richard Wood
Glen Hattersley
Floyd Kermode
Carl Long

Cheers!

Jim

Tweak72

Prog 2010 was a-waiting on the door matt as I shuffled out of bed to the kitchen. Only been able to give it a semi read and am impressed with what I saw. Even Zombo. I am left wondering if Mr Edginton & Mr Davis are going to incur the wroth of a Gurkha commando squad for their 'nod' to the cream of British female board treading.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Kev Levell

The sun is shining in Cambridge. Prog 2010 is here... I'm secretly hoping there'll be a new logo format akin to the little logo on the back page. Looks like a great prog from the flip through... oooh Johnny Alpha [spoiler]is he dead?[/spoiler].
All kinds of excited!!!
Tharg and his droids have pulled in one of the best years in 2000ad's history and prog 2010 looks like the icing on that cake! Gonna read this over the next week and savour the thrill-powered goodness!