Main Menu

...IS DESPERATE DAN REALLY GOING TO BE IN THE MEGAZINE???...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 23 August, 2005, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

paulvonscott

From the review thread it sounds like an article as opposed to a Dredd/Dan Crossover.

I wonder if Desperate Dan fans get annoyed about the way artists draw his chin...

Funt Solo

I bloody well hope not.  Unless it's a 1-page 1-off.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Comics aren't for kids!

(cuts off future readership)

Funt Solo

D'you think Rebellion have toyed with the idea of releasing a new title?

With the success of stuff like the Charley's War reprints, and Ennis's War Stories (well, they're all successful in my eyes, not sure what the accountants say) - is there room for a Victor-stylee comic on the market?

My beef with the idea of Dan encroaching on my Meg is that there already is what looks like a vibrant kids comic market:  go into WH Smith and there's a shelf burgeoning with brightly coloured kids comics (which I sometimes have to embaressingly filter through to find 2000AD: "Mummy - why's that man reading Bunty?")

Figure there's not a sci-fi or war comic there, though.

Am I right?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

LARF

I've just clicked on the banner at the top of the page for the first  and it seems like a very amiable thing to do.

Is this guy a boarder?

Plus he hasn't raised a lot of cash yet - needs ?8000.00 has ?94.75...

I'm going to donate... come on guys and gals!!!

paulvonscott

I don't think a war comic is a good idea.  A kids comic with a war story in, maybe.

I think it's be great if they did do a kids comic, like, er, 2000AD.  Loads of talent people, and I would have thought rebellion could put a comic out where others might fear to tread.

But they won't!  And I wouldn't say they should!

Satanist

The thing I've noticed more and more about kids comics these days is that you appear to be buying a cheap toy that comes with a free comic.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ARRISARRIS

...when i was young you had to wait years for a free gift from your favourite comic...

LARF

Hmmmm...

A new British War Comic called, erm... 'Tommy'

Featuring: (tongue firmly in cheek)

Kevin's War - a Charlies War type story set in the Gulf.

SASsy about a female SAS operative who wears next to nothing in winter.

The Famous MI5 - Five intrepid kids join MI5 to hunt down those rotten Suicide Bombers. Starring the comics mascot Tommy the Dog. And a girl who thinks she's a boy.

Roland the Barrel - the token comedy strip, where barrel shaped Roland the RAF chef and X factor wannab gets into scrapes and knee deep in pie and mash, whilst trying to constantly bunk off to sing old war songs. - come on let's have a barrel of fun!

Tariq's Turbulance - When Turbaned Tariq joins the medical corps and he's shipped off to Iran and given the worst ambulance to drive and then finds out it's got a medical mind of it's own!

Butcher's Choice - Future War story! Butcher Bill is a mild mannered 'half a pound missus' until the day the Mujahadeen invade and slaughter his family whilst he's locked in the walk in freezer. Armed with just a Frozen Lamb he brings slaughter to thier killers and vows to bone the enemy back to where they came from...

Just an idea.

Woolly

How about relaunching 'Lawman of the Future', but with more than just Dredd in it?
You could even have other 2000ad favorites in it (Ace Trucking, Robo-Hunter), maybe even reprints of old future shocks.

I guess just a more 'kid friendly' version of 2000ad!
Its make a good set of titles:
The Meg - more adult orientated stuff
2000AD - same as we get now really!
LOTF - for younger audiences

I know i'd buy it!

Matt Timson

Now THAT'S comedy gold and belongs in something like Solar Wind.

Tariq's Turbulance... heh...

:)
Pffft...

Max Kon

3000ad, and antology title for kids. Same characters from 2000ad and the meg nut child friendly. it'd work!

Grant Goggans

Laughing loudly at work over "The Famous MI5."  

:-D

--Grant

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++