Main Menu

Cocteau Twins reform!

Started by Wils, 02 February, 2005, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

...for the Coachella Valley Music Festival at the end of April and maybe (*hopefully*) more.

Unfortunately, the festival's in bloody California, so fingers crossed that they carry on and do a tour of Blighty sometime *really* soon. :)

Link: http://www.cocteautwins.com/html/news.html" target="_blank">Official confirmation

Slippery PD

"Mibitty boo mibitty boo.  Sash al fen oooonnnn"

or something.  Look for deep meaningful lyrics here :)

Fantastic band and the music is so atmospheric....

Slips

Quirkafleeg

Get a grip man! They can even sing in bloody English.

Wils

...says the man who was listening to Napalm Death last night...

Quirkafleeg

Yeah, and I'm listening to Slipknot right now!

Adrian Bamforth

Don't forget of course the dour-tastic House Of Love have also reformed with Terry Bickers back on guitar, gonna see 'em in Reading next week.

ADE

raspberry reich

the cocteu twins are an amazing band. if youre in any doubts just buy the album treasure.im looking forward to them reforming.

House of Usher

Treasure's lovely. Garlands is good too, but less pretty. And Sunburst and Snowblind is epic.

There's just one more track of theirs I like that's about 9 minutes long.

I can take or leave the rest of their oevre.

Three great albums and one obscure long track can't be bad though.
STRIKE !!!

raspberry reich

my favourite cocteu twin song is pearly snow drops. the first cocteu sing i heard and it blew me away.

House of Usher

Wils (and anyone else) - could you divine the title of the very long Cocteau Twins track to which I was referring? It's very repetitive and builds to the most amazing crescendo, and the lyrics suggest something like 'barking' and 'biting'. Does that ring a bell?
STRIKE !!!

Wils

[cough]Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops[/cough]

;)

Grant Goggans

Wow!  The House of Love was my favorite band in the world for about a month when I was in college.

I might not be the only 33 year-old to say that.

--Grant

raspberry reich

pearly-dewdrops silly me i knew that wasnt the correct title:p

Wils

It's not Tishbite off Milk and Kisses, is it?

House of Usher

So, um... Pearly Dewdrops' Drops. Is that the one I was referring to as well as the one doktor cronenberg meant?

Looking at their discography I'd say they'd peaked by 1984.
STRIKE !!!