Main Menu

Misheard lyrics

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 04 July, 2014, 11:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 December, 2018, 11:51:34 AM
* The Pink Elephant**, maybe?

That was the name of the club night in the Zoo Bar, wasn't it? I seem to recall that was the name, but then.....I was very, very drunk (Zoo Bar....Saturday afternoons....2 for the price of one cocktails before Bruxelles)
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

JayzusB.Christ

Weird... I used to go to Bruxelles quite a bit back then too. He must have hidden whenever he saw me coming.

EDIT: I've just remembered the Zoo Bar! I did have a cocktail or three in there back in the day.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

My missus singing along to Bon Jovi in the car:

Shot through the heart,
and you're to blame,
You need love the bad way!

I had my hopes up for a second.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

CalHab

David Mitchell's novel "Black Swan Green" (which I'd recommend) features the teenage protagonist singing along to Elvis Costello's classic "Olive's Salami".

DaveGYNWA

Finally got around to actually paying attention to the video for the absolutely stonkin' "In walks Barbarella" by Clutch, to find that it's not:

"Heard you got detention three times this week
Playing with the bad kids, damned by the clique"

But is actually:

"Heard you got detention three times this week
Playing with the bad kids down by the creek"

Have a video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9GSFZZY6c
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Dandontdare

The Enigmatic Dr X

Don't want to start a new thread, but I am chuckling at hearing a Scottish commentator repeatedly refer to Boris Johnson as Maurice Johnston.
Lock up your spoons!

Jacqusie

Quote from: CalHab on 07 January, 2019, 03:20:52 PM
...singing along to Elvis Costello's classic "Olive's Salami".

mmm... Salami... thanks that's brill and will now be sung along to good old Declan MacManus...   :thumbsup:

Hawkmumbler

Not so much a misheard lyric as a fascinating lyrical mystery....

The most mysterious song on the internet.

sheridan

Quote from: Black Grape - Kelly's HeroesDon't talk to me about heroes,
Most of those men sing like Smurfs

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 05 April, 2022, 06:44:48 PM
Quote from: Black Grape - Kelly's HeroesDon't talk to me about heroes,
Most of those men sing like Smurfs

Classic!

The original line was 'most of these men snort cocaine', I believe, before they were forced to change it.

EDIT: Feckin crikey, I've just discovered that I've had the lyrics wrong the whole time too - even wronger than Sheridan in fact. Until 3 minutes ago I'd thought it was 'most of these men sink like subs' 😳
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

UB40 Food For Thought

I heard:

I'm a prima donna, dining in the dusk

They sang:

Ivory Madonna dying in the dust

In either case, I had no idea what they were on about until it was explained to me that it's an anti-war protest song about famines.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++