Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd's Bush Empire, and I'm glad I did, because they were really good. I've been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I've never heard them sound better.

*Couldn't make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn't make.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jacqusie

I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 November, 2018, 10:32:37 PM
Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd's Bush Empire, and I'm glad I did, because they were really good. I've been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I've never heard them sound better.

*Couldn't make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn't make.
I saw the gig the Astoria gig they did in 2007 (didn't realise it was that long ago!) and again a year later at M'era Luna (huge goth festival in Hildesheim, Germany, for those who haven't heard of it) - the M'era Luna one was far greater - presumably intentionally they sang Dawnrazor as the sun went down...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jacqusie on 01 November, 2018, 11:05:24 PM
I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)
Have heard nothing but incredibly OTT hyperbole about these shows but have not been able to get to one . Perfect example: we're in Amsterdam this weekend. When we arranged it we decided the Sunday evening flight home was better than the combination of another night in the hotel and a 6am start on Monday. Then checked what gigs were on that weekend and it's Big Dave on Sunday night and Lykke Li on Monday.
We never really die.

Jacqusie

Sorry you missed out, something tells me that it won't be the last time that DB does something like this, he seems so happy to be making music with his band and performing.

I'm off to see those aging rockers Magnum taking my big sis to a gig next weekend. I never got to see them in their pomp, but as they are getting on a bit I thought I'd go and join the sweaty hairy mob & I think I've got an old Marillion T-shirt somewhere...

dweezil2

Quote from: Jacqusie on 18 November, 2018, 07:32:04 PM
Sorry you missed out, something tells me that it won't be the last time that DB does something like this, he seems so happy to be making music with his band and performing.

I'm off to see those aging rockers Magnum taking my big sis to a gig next weekend. I never got to see them in their pomp, but as they are getting on a bit I thought I'd go and join the sweaty hairy mob & I think I've got an old Marillion T-shirt somewhere...

Saw them on their Wings Of Heaven Tour back in '88 and they were great, judging by recent live albums they can still cut it!
Hope you have fun!!!  :)  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Magnetica

I'm off to Def Leppard the week after next. I hardly ever go to any gigs. The last proper one was U2 in 2010.

As I understand it they will be playing all of Hysteria in order plus a few others to close.

Given Hysteria is my never to be challenged favourite album of all time, this should be great. My official T Shirt is due to be delivered today as well.

sheridan

I'll be at The Big Comedy Show on Tuesday at The Horse and Stables, Westminster Bridge Road.  It'll have our very own Julius Howe performing (fresh from episodes of Eamonn's Mega-City Book Club and the usual ECBT2000AD).  I went last month and haven't been put off yet :-)

DaveGYNWA

After an aborted visit (due to the weather) to the Steelhouse Festival in July last year, we finally got our 2 girls to their first major gig on Wednesday night - Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators with Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons supporting.

Youngest (almost 9) loved the support - she loves Motorhead, so hearing Phil Campbell knock out a few songs (including her favourite 'Born to raise hell') hit the mark. She lasted 4 songs of the Slash set before managing to zonk out in her seat until the last song of the main set so she managed to hear that and the 2 encore songs.

Eldest (10) loved the whole thing - singing, dancing, rocking out with my wife beside her doing the same. Brilliant bonding for them, and they're already looking in to the what their next gig together will be (while I stay home with the youngest, natch)
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Skullmo

Thanks Sheridan - here's the poster if anyone is about and fancies a laugh
It's a joke. I was joking.

Rately

Off to a 10 x 9 event at the Black Box in Belfast tonight.

Nine people have ten minutes to share a real story from their lives. Always a different theme at each event, this evenings theme being Danger!

Can't wait.

sheridan

Forgot to mention last night's Oomph! gig at O2 Academy, Islington (previously the Carling Academy), ably supported by Heldmaschine.

As last month, I'll be off to Julius' comedy gig next Tuesday.

MacabreMagpie

Annoyed I missed the announcement that Skunk Anansie are touring. Only got into them properly last year and have dying to get to a gig.. now the only dates that aren't sold out are a little too close to convention dates. Boooo! Might have to keep an eye on eBay.

Fungus

Pixies - Glasgow - September  :)

Jacqusie

Dusting my old indie t-shirts down I went along to the love from Stourbridge tour where Neds Atomic Dustbin were playing with Pop will Eat itself.

Always thought that the Poppies had a great name, but the music never quite matched it.

Whereas the Neds were on fine form, the mixing these days means you can hear the vocals & the guitar gets turned down accordingly, but it was great to go bouncing again as we all killed our televisions...