Main Menu

More Lego Amazingness

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 July, 2022, 02:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So a friend of mine Nick helps run the Sheffield Brickfest - I know all the cool people - and when he saw one of the pieces due to be exhibited couldn't resist giving me a cheeky peak. With permission I give you a world of AWESOME by Kevin Hyatt

Let him know how amazing this is over on the original Facebook post https://www.facebook.com/groups/481995088578801/permalink/4958817494229849/

and if you are in Sheffield between 22nd and 23rd October you can pop to Brickfest and see it for yourself - and pop inot mine for a cuppa as i live literally 5 minutes away (its held at my daughters school).

%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D]https://www.facebook.com/events/240615548208979/240615558208978/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22permalink%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

So the next Sheffield Brickfest was help - conveniently in the Boy and Girl Child's school, so like a 5 mintue walk away. Lots of friends and lovely people there... but also Nick (see below) had told me a few things that would excite me.

Brace yourselves there's a few posts coming as I got plenty of photos...

So first there was bloke who did custom work on a LOAD of very cool genre movies and other bits and pieces including these beauties.

Colin YNWA

In one of the side rooms there were a number of very cool 2000ad and Dredd things.

Hmmm I hear you ponder. What is that Judge's helmet sat on... well...

Colin YNWA

That helmet was only sat on a bloomin' full sized Lego Lawmaster!!!

Colin YNWA

Arh but how do we know its full sized I hear you cry. Well a bit later I only went a meet one of the blokes who built in in his Dredd Lego Cosplay!

Colin YNWA

For all that wonderfulness my fav thing was actually a little smaller. The same team of folks who built the lawmaster have also make an super impressive Landraider.

Colin YNWA

Seriously if you are anywhere near Sheffield and have some free time tomorrow (Sunday 22nd Oct) get yourself to High Storrs School and Sheffield Brickfest..

Loads of great stuff in addition to the 2000ad / Dredd stuff. Its epic fun.

Trooper McFad

Wow wow and Wow!! that's all amazing.

I won't get to Sheffield but a wee birdie has told me the bike is making an appearance at Lawless 2024 😁. Hope the other gems will be there to.

(Hotel is booked for Bristol already 👍🏻)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Wow. What a labour of love. Thanks for sharing!

Dash Decent

How much Lego would you need to make a full-sized Lawmaster?  That is crazy (but good crazy).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

A girl did ask that and the fella wasn't sure.

Remember the folks who build this famous built a full sized US army jeep and then broke it - YIKE!

Skip to 2.25ish - if you dare!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

James

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 October, 2023, 04:43:58 PMIn one of the side rooms there were a number of very cool 2000ad and Dredd things.

Hmmm I hear you ponder. What is that Judge's helmet sat on... well...

This Dredd 'action figure is my design, I posted it on FB and was asked for a copy of the instructions I'd made for it - I didn't know one had been built though, and I'm sure I didn't get a design credit despite asking for one.