Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Some amazing artwork there, love the Kraken cover and that Nemesis page is something else!

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 28 February, 2019, 12:14:35 PM

There's a lot of old-school 2000AD stories and art that I love but this is pretty much top of the heap.

It's just fantastic, and great that it has found an appropriate home.
Fittingly, the first and last panels could also sum up your life as a 2000AD original art collector.

Colin YNWA

Wow that is a bit special Ming. I know its a very minor point on a page of this quality but I even like the way the lettering paper has coloured!

ming

Thanks, fellas.  It's an amazing bit of art and one of those time-machine pages that instantly transports me back to my childhood; so very lucky to have been able to pick this up.

james newell

james newell

james newell

maryanddavid

Bolt-01

Skullmo

Some great stuff.

Picked up this last year - one of my all time favourite Dredd moments.

It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 March, 2019, 04:47:41 AMPicked up this last year - one of my all time favourite Dredd moments.

Bee. You. Tee. Full.

o1s1n

Jaysus Skullmo, you really do consistently knock it out of the park, they're some amazing pages.

Haven't bought any art in ages up until recently, managed to nab a couple more Hicklenton Nemesis pages.

As with John's work, a few extreme closeups are required so you can actually see some of that insane detail missing in the progs

And a gratuitous group shot :D

Skullmo

Lovely pages there O1s1n - I used to own the satanus one back in the day. Did you see there was a guy on Ebay with a load of John Hicklenton pages - he had some really nice Nemesis ones as well.
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

I remember you had that page alright, I think you offered it to me at one point many moons ago :) couldn't say no when I saw it pop up for sale again.

I was in touch with that guy on ebay alright, seemed almost too good to be true. Had bit of a chat with him, said his granddad once gave John's parents a loan and to say thanks, they gave him 30 pieces of his artwork!

I tried for a while to get him to sell me three lovely Nemesis pages but he was convinced ebay was the way to go. Someone had him convinced the lot was worth 30-40k. Haven't seen them pop up after those recent Dredd pages he had listed unfortunately.

Must get in contact with him again to see if he's changed his mind. I don't know if you saw his other pages (he sent me on a load of scans) but there was a dream page from towards the end of the Two Torquemadas which I'd just assumed had been lost to time - really is amazing when something like that just turns up out of the blue.

Dr Feeley Good

Machine Law page arrived today from the Macneil droid.......