Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 December, 2018, 09:00:51 AM

All I want for Xmas is a John Ridgeway page from The Dead Man. Thank you, Santa!

For those who want to know the price [spoiler]£353 from eBay[/spoiler]

Very nice indeed. The Dead Man is a stone cold classic. Always good to see pages from this pop.

I used to own the previous episode's last page to this. Wish I'd kept it now, but it went to a good cause.

Rogue Judge

From PROG 457 (Max Bubba aka The Ragnarok Job). A very large and detailed piece of work from the late great king Carlos Ezquerra. I love it!

Time Grenade!

Johnny Details:

Wulf Details:(I love the drool overlapping the lettering - I wonder who would have drawn that on; Carlos or Kid Robson?)

(sorry for the poor quality pictures, I don't have a great camera. The page is bright white, not the off yellow as it appears in the details above)

Rogue Judge

One more from king Carlos! Creepy punching Johnny shortly after Alpha's return!

It's great to see his pencils as well. Wondering if the inks were added digitally or if he scanned and printed another page to ink it?

jabish

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone might know how to contact Colin McNeil about buying a page from him? It's a very recent page so I'm hoping he still has it.

Cheers

JB

Colin YNWA

Quote from: jabish on 11 February, 2019, 08:36:40 AM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone might know how to contact Colin McNeil about buying a page from him? It's a very recent page so I'm hoping he still has it.

Cheers

JB

Now before you do anything rash I hope this isn't one of the three pages I've been stirring at thinking ...

"As soon as I shift some comics to raise funds I'll be contacting that there Colin MacNeil."

as there have been some simply glorious pages in the last three weeks. Good luck picking up what you are after I know a few folks here have contact with Colin so fingers crossed.

jabish

Cheers Colin. Yep,yep, yep. The art on Machine Law has been just stunning. Me jaw has dropped a couple of times. What a story. Wagner and MacNiel of unbelievable form. It's just one specific page so fingers crossed 🤞

Skullmo

Carlos' Final cover drawn for 2000AD (the last printed cover was actually drawn in 2017).

It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

Skullmo

Rogue Judge

Skullmo, that is an incredible piece. What a fantastic image, I even prefer this B&W to the colored cover. Congrats.

Skullmo

Link Prime

Back with a bang Skullmo!

Lovely Ezquerra pieces, both for yourself and Rogue Judge's collections.

Skullmo

Cheers!

Here's another one I've not posted here

ming

Those are great - especially the Execution of Duty cover... Awesome.

I have something new as well but I'm still getting my head around it.

ming

"I know many stories and legends about the Nemesis, child, for I am very old and very wise.  But perhaps the most famous is the story of Olric's Great Quest!"

Genius in every line, every panel a minor masterpiece; witness the insane geometry of Kevin O'Neill in the legendary tale of a simple varkherd named Olric... Nemesis the Warlock: The Sword Sinister, from the 1981 2000AD Sci-Fi Special. 

I've been mesmerised by this story since I first read it as a kid and it's hard to believe that an original page from this now sits in front of me.  The final reveal of Nemesis - only hinted at before, with glimpses of his Blitzspear in Terror Tube and Killer Watt - was a huge event for me.  It would be a couple more months before Nemesis made his debut proper in the Prog but I was already hooked; Pat Mills' writing combined with Kev O'Neill's incredible art definitely made its mark on my still-forming brain.  There's a lot of old-school 2000AD stories and art that I love but this is pretty much top of the heap.

Bigger scan image via the link below...