Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Fucksticks, mothers cunt.

Freezer packed in tonight, barely two weeks after the washing machine packed in.
With less than a month til xmas.
Neither of them still on guarantee.

Fuckin fuckity fuck. What a load of SHITE.
What a barrel-load of infected bollocks.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Trout

Dog, I feel your pain. This last month has seen so many similar problems in my house that I won't list them all. Hellish awful.

- Trout

TordelBack

QuoteFreezer packed in tonight, barely two weeks after the washing machine packed in.

I sympathise.  Earlier this year, our Washing Machine, Tumble Drier, Freezer, Toaster, DVD player, TV and my car all packed it in during the same month.  It felt like Curries were bleeding us to make puddings.  Other than the TV and car, all the other yokes were bought when we moved in four years previously.  So apparently that's your lot on white goods these days:  four years.

But at least in wasn't just before Christmas.

House of Usher

My students are all really lovely and my classes are going really well and we're getting on great together, especially the sociology class, and I have to tell them I'm not going to be coming back after Christmas because I've got a better job. It really spugs. I'm feeling quite cowardly at the moment, but I have to tell them sooner rather than later, and I can't put it off forever.

:-X
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

Quote from: Dog Deever on 02 December, 2009, 12:41:52 AM
Fucksticks, mothers cunt.

Freezer packed in tonight, barely two weeks after the washing machine packed in.
With less than a month til xmas.
Neither of them still on guarantee.

Fuckin fuckity fuck. What a load of SHITE.
What a barrel-load of infected bollocks.

Do you have anything like freecycle.org or jumbletown in your part of the world?

People are always giving stuff like this away

A decent used one will see you through to the new year

Bolt-01

The bolt-mobile is in for MOT...

I effing HATE this day...

James Stacey

we had a powercut last night. Just 15 minutes or so. When the power came back on the boiler is no longer working. No central heating or hot water, and boy was it nobblingly cold last night. Now I have to take a 1/2 day I can't afford to take for the Gas man to come visit during the small window of between 12 and 6. Nice

Devons Daddy

because they called a meeting at head office,

i was meant to be off tomorrow.
not being there gets noticed of course, which is never a good thing.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Proudhuff

That's bad news Bruce, white goods now have a built in Obsolescence... four years sounds about right, just after the guarentee runs out.
I have sworn never to return to Curries after they fleeced the Huff partner time and again with phoney extra cover  called cover everything of some guff) which it doesn't. The spotty youth in the shop are uninterested,ditto shop managers and their head of customer service couldn't give a flying f*ck.

The best thing to do for white goods is find the cheapest around then go to John Lewis(if you have one in the Ness) tell them they are being under sold at Blahblahs and it cost blahblah there, they then sell it to you at that price.

DDT did a job on me

Banners

Quote from: Bolt-01
The bolt-mobile is in for MOT...

If it's not too far away from you, Bournville Garage will sort you out nice and fairly. My S-Reg Fiat (not much longer for this world) got through its last MOT there, no trouble.

M@

James Stacey

having worked briefly in retail, the 'super extra cover protection' is almost always run by the shop itself and is just a way of milking free money (this is probably known by everyone anyway) As goods these days are usually reliable to a reasonable level and if not, covered by manufacturers guarentee, they make a packet for jack shit. I've been told according to european law all goods must be working and defect free for 6 years. As long as it's not a wareable part (like washing machine brushes for example) you should be able to go stamp your feet and create a fuss at the store to get a replacement. As for buying, always try to deal with the manager if you can. They don't get commission so give better discounts ;)

Bolt-01

Banners- thanks for the thought- and Mini Bolt is at Bournevile, but I'm working in Walsall so I use one of the local garages there. They've been pretty solid for me for the last few years, but Bolty is getting on a bit now.

£350 all in. SOB.... My first car was only that much!

Peter Wolf

Its interesting really because i was just reading these comments about electrical stuff going wrong and how it seems to have built in obselescence where it goes wrong just before Xmas.

I was thinking how unusual it was that nothing of mine has broken down but sure enough my hoover has just conked out.It was going just fine until just now.Just like that.

Dead.

Thats 3 of these MFs in a row now that have conked out in as many years.It might be able to be repaired but i dont know.Its not like i abuse them or anything and i clean the filters quite often.

I might write a stinging letter to Dyson and they might offer a free repair.Its got to be worth a try.

Fucking Dyson Shit.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dog Deever

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwASebgPPw

oh yeah- that's exactly where I got the phrase. Good old Kunt and the Gang- Kevin Bloody Wilson for the Big Brother Age.

I did think about going second hand again- those two items were the first time we'd ever bought brand new white goods.
We got a new washing machine for £160 off t'internet, free next day delivery the same spec as the tits-up one (which cost a fuck of a lot more than that).
Mrs. D ordered a new freezer today for a similar price. So that's our xmas presents sorted. No slew of graphic novels to read in work-free comfort this year.

I am either a beacon for negativity or else a veritable negativity generator.

Still, it's great preparation for a gig next Thursday- anger, dejection and resentment will fuel some manic nasty, guitar noise to inflict on other people.
Och well- bollocks to the world and everything in it.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.